We are the world leader in travel media
Founded in 1994 in London, Ink has a staff of more than 300 people in seven offices around the globe. Together we create award-winning media and content for passengers at every stage of their journey. We work with over 25 of the world’s largest airlines and travel groups and these unique partnerships allow more than 656 million passengers annually to engage with our media. We create opportunities for advertisers to connect with a highly receptive global audience through inflight magazines, mobile devices and other digital and print media products.
We work with the world’s largest airlines and travel groups
We currently produce over 25 magazines in eight languages for many of the world’s best known airlines and travel companies including: American Airlines, United, Iberia, airberlin, Norwegian and Scoot. In addition, Ink sells digital media space for KLM, easyJet, Aer Lingus, Cebu Pacific and many more.
We’re award winning
Ink has been recognized with numerous awards including: Best Overall Editorial, Travel Magazine of the Year, Best Cover, Best Art Director and Best Photography, across industry events in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
We are global
Headquartered in London, we have global offices in Atlanta, Miami, Dallas, New York, São Paulo and Singapore.
Editor – International Inflight Magazine (Changi/Media/5days)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002961340
We are looking for energetic and creative individual to join our editorial team;
Duties and responsibilities:
- To manage and edit a prestigious title, which includes finding and commissioning writers, editing copy and overseeing design & proofing, as well as writing copy yourself from time to time.
- Develop an exciting strategy and direction for the magazine, ensuring that each issue is better than the last.
- Manage editorial and creative costs in line and not exceeding agreed budget.
- You will also be expected to work closely with the Art Director, ensuring that they are on-brand, commercial and meeting set deadlines. This includes the repro process, checking proofs and ad positions with the Art Director and Production.
- Ensure that the magazine meets the client’s commercial objectives. You will work closely with the client – preparing editorial plans, managing client sign-off and any changes that they might require.
- The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience as a senior editor on a travel/lifestyle/leisure title, including in a client-facing capacity, and be seeking to develop their career.
- Passion for the role and a can-do attitude are essential. You will be the “face” of the magazine and must be its most enthusiastic ambassador.
- You must be a strategic thinker, writer and editor who can produce captivating and eloquent copy; and be knowledgeable about travel destinations across Asia, and up-to-date on international trends.
- You should have a wide network of contacts from around the globe from which to commission high-quality content.
- Mandarin fluency is a plus, but not essential.
- This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
If you are everything above, we want you!
Only Singaporean and PR may apply*