Director of Testing - Telecommunications
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003033427
EA License No. 12C5526
Employer Ref. BBBH2880
Director of Testing
Testing Director - Telecommunications - Singaporeans Only
Pioneering role with a dynamic Telecommunications service provider, with a long history and footprint across the globe
The Director of Testing is a regional role, responsible for leading the Testing function in Group IT. You will provide expert consultation on industry best-practice testing methodologies with the ability to provide strategy and direction to support all testing functions. The role will lead a regional team comprising of around 30 permanent staff and 180 vendor resources from outsourced vendor partners.
The Testing function is responsible for
- Building and operating all the test environments for End-to-End User Acceptance Testing, System Integration Testing and and Performance Testing
- Building automation tools to improve testing productivity and effectiveness
- Managing all the testing services provided to business stakeholders and Group IT stakeholders required for implementing new IT systems
- Managing all the testing services provided to business stakeholders and Group IT stakeholders required for implementing major enhancements and upgrades to existing IT systems
You will demonstrate a very high level of strategic thinking along with exceptional analytical ability and manage complex delivery challenges in the E2E testing life-cycle including different types of testing approaches.
You will demonstrate outstanding stakeholder management (internal and external), problem solving, negotiation and communication skills.
You will be expected to identify the gaps in the existing Testing operating model and make recommendations to improve test service delivery across all domains within Group IT, Networks and the Business Units. Working closely with existing managed services teams to ensure alignment of resources and services to support the E2E testing process (test managers, test analysts teams).
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- Degree qualified
- Extensive (minimum 10 years) experience in E2E testing lifecycle with direct experience managing various stages of test phases within the lifecycle
- Extensive experience in managing testing issues in complex environments, with the ability to differentiate between testing and non testing root-causes
- Significant experience in an IT transformation environment, with demonstrated experience in leading change without direct line management control
- Experience with software delivery methodology standards, including but not limiting to waterfall, OOA/D, and unified/agile
- Experience in managing culturally diverse & remote located teams
- Good knowledge of architecture standards in SDP, middleware, portals, content management systems
- Experience in managing complex organization of internal and external resources to deliver upon organizations technical objectives
- Understanding of Test Management and Financial Management.
- Understanding of HP tool suite
- Good Understanding of EAI solutions
- Understanding of Testing Methods, Tools and Framework
- Excellent communication skills
- Natural problem solving inclination
- High level presentation and interpersonal skills
- High level of intelligence; ability to operate not only on the basis of important past experiences, but in the light of the approaches and developments that occur in the market.
- Inspirational leadership qualities that drive change and a culture of continuous improvement
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with senior stakeholders
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Anju Lagah on +65 6701 1504 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.CEI Reg. Number R1219693 (Anju Lagah).
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to VOLT
Founded in 1950, and established in Singapore in 2004, VOLT is a NYSE listed Fortune 1000 provider of talent (recruitment), technology and consulting services with 4,200 full time employees, some 30,200 contractors and 192 offices across Europe, North and South America and Asia.
We provide executive search (recruitment / staffing) services for mid to senior roles on contingent, retained and temporary/contract basis delivered by functionally specialized consultants in the following areas:-
Accountancy & Finance
Information Technology & Telecommunications
Procurement & Supply Chain
Sales & Marketing, and
For more opportunities visit our website, www.voltasia.com.sg
Volt Service Corporation Pte Ltd
Company Registration No. 200408881M
EA Registration No. 12C5526