You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Director of Data Analytics Consulting Centre
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035639
Employer Ref. 004NJ
This newly created position will require the appointee to:
- Recruit and lead a team of data analysts who may be postdocs and build on this team as determined by education needs and industry growth opportunities.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across various academic departments to identify, support and design new cutting edge analytics and data science courses with industrial relevance for our undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Conduct short courses and workshops as well as liaise with industry for internship opportunities.
- Identify and drive innovative projects with industry on cutting edge analytics and data science.
Qualifications and Experiences
- A Masters degree (but preferably PhD) in a quantitative research field (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Econometrics, Physics, Engineering, etc.).
- At least 7 years of industrial experience with deep understanding and hands-on experience in optimization, data mining or machine learning techniques.
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, scalability and various trade-offs in a Big Data setting.
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams who deliver successful outcomes.
- Proficiency in Statistical Modelling Tools, such as R, SAS, SPSS, Matlab, Python.
- Practice-Track position at Associate Professor/Professor level.
- Three-year appointment in the first instance based on a mutually agreeable date (preferably before 1 July 2017), and the position is renewable subject to meeting the key deliverables.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
The Search Committee
Faculty of Science, Dean’s Office
National University of Singapore
Blk S16 Level 9
6 Science Drive 2
(Attention to: Ms Priscilla Soh)
Review process will begin on 1 Feb, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information about the University, Faculty of Science, Departments and Terms of Service, visit our websites:
Faculty of Science: http://www.science.nus.edu.sg/
Terms of Service: http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/acadappt.htm