Development Ops Engineer
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003034241
EA License No. 05C4494
Employer Ref. JO-1611-183504
As a Dev Ops Engineer, you are the key to ensuring that the development team has an understanding of operational requirements, and take a shared responsibility in design and implementation of infrastructure for delivering and running our platforms.
This involves hands-on involvement in building, deploying and testing pipelines, automated provisioning of cloud /on-premise infrastructure, and infrastructure support services such as monitoring. There are a lot of moving pieces to fit together so communication is essential to ensure stuff is not missed. You will depend upon for advice regarding the cross-functional aspects of user stories which may not always be obvious from the start. Watching out for performance bottlenecks and scaling pitfalls are all within the realms of this job.
- Deploy highly scalable and reliable business applications
- Collaborate with software engineers to enhance deployment strategies
- Design and write high-quality testable codes for meet new requirements
- Analyze, review and modify code for accuracy and efficiency
- Work closely with various other teams to improve operations, functionalities and efficiency
- Extensive experience working with server virtualization (VMWare, Xen, etc.), IaaS and PaaS cloud (AWS, Azure, GCE, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Heroku, OpenStack, CloudStack, CloudFoundry, etc.)
- Infrastructure provisioning tools (such as Docker, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience in configuring CDNs and In-memory caching services (Akamai, SwitchServe, Varnish, Memcached, Redis etc.)
- Scripting and programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, Java etc.)
- Proficiency in building Linux systems
- Passion for and ability to work with software development teams releasing production-ready software on a daily basis
- Experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis-CI, GoCD)
- Experience administering application servers, web servers, and databases (Jetty, Tomcat, Websphere, Nginx, MySQL, Postgres etc.)
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools
To submit your application, please email your CV in Microsoft Words format to email@example.com. Your interest will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Sutha Sehgar | R1546393 | EA No: 05C4494
About Font Recruitment
font specialises in recruitment for the Digital, Marketing and Creative industries.
At font, we recognise that recruitment for specialist job roles requires a narrow focus and an in-depth knowledge of your industry and of the skills and attributes required to perform effectively in each specialised job role. We also recognise how important it is to understand industry terminology and speak your language.
Our philosophy is that the combination of your identity and our knowledge leads to an effective result in finding a perfect fit between candidates and clients in filling specialised job roles. font was chosen as our brand name due to it having a dual meaning that is relevant to our business. A font, or fountain, was a source of knowledge and a gathering point where the community could come together. And, all of us in the digital, marketing and creative industries know that a font, or typeface, communicates identity.
font is all about your identity and our knowledge.