AVIRE combines 4 market-leading brands (E-Motive, TL Jones, Janus and Memco) within the elevator industry; offering light curtains, electronic displays, emergency telephones and LED lighting. Each brand has a strong market presence, a unique identity, a distinct product range, and a long, successful history. The group has manufacturing and sales capability in the Czech republic, China and Singapore. Additional sales offices serve Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, India and Dubai coupled with a network of distributors across the globe.
At Avire we value independence, determination, proactivity and tremendous drive, so we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate achievement of exceptional results with the potential to contribute even more. We are ambitious in our goals, so we need to ensure that we employ people with the talent and ambition to help. We are also part of the Halma group (www.halma.com). Within Halma there are also additional exciting and challenging opportunities for high performing and ambitious people.
This is an exciting opportunity for a pro-active and highly motivated individual who is driven, ambitious and can make a positive impact on the future of Avire.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003029226
The engineer reports to the Senior R&D Manager.
This role serves as Firmware/Hardware Development Engineer delivering the Firmware/Hardware of products such as Display, Touch Panel, EMD propriety Encoder/Converter, Accessories and other Avire’s product. As one of the key member in the Firmware/Hardware team(currently total strength of 2, 1x Firmware and 1x Hardware ), this role will need to work independently or as a team to provide full coverage of Firmware/Hardware support (extendable to Hardware support upon needs)expected from Firmware/Hardware team from R&D, Engineering Support, Sales, Marketing, Product Management, QC, Production, etc.
The coverage of this role is not solely on the development of new products/technologies, but also on the improvement of current/old products. When necessary, there is a need to work closely with Engineering support team on customized projects, site issues, off site/on-site troubleshooting, site support, etc. There is also a need to support sales/marketing with development of mock-up samples, test units to fulfill sales/marketing objectives. In addition, the involvement in the generation of Test Jig/Analysis tools/simulator for QC/production testing or development needs is also part of the scope of work.
Being a member in the Firmware/Hardware team & R&D department, this role will need to assist the team lead in the growth of the firmware/Hardware team and thus the department/Company as well. This role is responsible for the competency build-up of Firmware/Hardware team’s competency and efficiency through definition of Firmware/Hardware-related processes, defect tracking, code guideline, training, version control, etc.
Upon needs, this role will be appointed to be project leader on particular project. Besides performing usual firmware/Hardware development, there is a need to lead/drive product development activities, in term of feasibility study, spec definition, platform definition, scheduling, planning, and coordinating, throughout the entire product development cycle of a product.
The incumbent is required to be responsible for:
- Developing state-of-the-art Firmware/Hardware for network-based elevator/building’s Display, Touch panel, Encoder, Peripheral and other Avire’s products.
- Developing OEM and proprietary serial protocol.
- Researching into new networking and serial bus technologies.
- Supporting and upgrading of existing display, encoder and peripheral products.
- Following up on all technical and installation issues to ensure smooth delivery and eventual commissioning of products.
- To assist in achieving Avire business Objectives & Goals.
To achieve OTD of Firmware/hardware for all projects assignments.
- To assist on the build-up of competency & efficiency of the Firmware/Hardware-related activities & R&D related activities and process.
- To provide support to Engineering Support Team on customized projects, site issues, off site/on-site troubleshooting, site support, etc. Expected OTD delivery and addressing to customer site issues and thus improving customer satisfaction.
- To provide support on development activities to assist sales/marketing/product management team to fulfill their objectives.
- To provide support on development activities to facilitate QC/production needs.
- To Lead/Drive project successfully throughout entire product development cycle.
Key Skills and Qualification Requirements:
- Must have a relevant Firmware/Hardware engineering qualification, preferably a good degree or suitable practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in firmware development.
- Ability to translate market requirements into software solutions
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team as well as independently, with minimum supervision.
A combination of the following skills would be advantageous:
- Experience in embedded system development and management.
- Completed Full cycle of product development life cycle
- Firmware/Hardware development major in products such as Avire’s display product, EMD propriety Encoder/Converter, Touch Panel, accessories and other Avire’s product.
- Firmware/Hardware development of customized projects which required special features.
- Onsite support on customer issues, site testing and trial, commissioning.
- Firmware development on mockup/sample for Sale/Marketing activities.
- Firmware development on Test jig/Tools/simulator to facilitate analysis/verification activities for Internal usage/QC/production needs.
- Lead/Drive Product development projects.
- Assist in the establishment of Firmware process/guideline to improve on work efficiency.
- Assist in Hardware development activities if needed.
- Assist in product transfer to Production Team.
- Conduct product training for Sales/Marketing/Engineering Support/Production/Product management Team.
- Generates User Manual, Wiring Diagrams and Instructions.
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Dynamic handling of ad-hoc tasks assignment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with proactive attitude
- Minimum 5 years of experiences in Firmware/Hardware development for Embedded Product
- Proficiency in Assembly/C Programming
- Coding experience in C51/Arm is a MUST. Experience in AVR/PIC processor is an added advantage.
- Experience in Serial Bus communication such as CAN, RS422/RS485, RS232, SPI, I2C, etc is required
- Ability to perform Hardware Testing/Troubleshooting is required
- Hardware development experience will be a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability and acceptance to travel as required across the world
Interested applicants may send your resume including the full details of personal particulars, employment history, current & expected remuneration by clicking "Apply Now"
We regret to inform that only short-listed candidates will be notified.