CapitaTECH – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Deskside Support Engineer (MNC)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003032423
EA License No 08C2893
CapitaTECH– A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Our Client, a MNC requires Deskside Support Engineer
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to IM tickets or requests received through the existing IM ticketing system based on first-in-first-out priority taking into consideration incidents severity level, thereby, ensuring that SLAs of incidents are met by following and adhering to company practice.
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot new computers, peripheral equipment, operating systems and system applications. Inclusive of data migration when deploying new computers to end users.
- Collaborate with Regional infrastructure team to prevent system downtime by ensuring security and application patches are deployed in a timely manner as recommended by Infrastructure team. This will also include creating end user communications, user guides, system guides and documentation. Additionally, perform Server Patching during monthly scheduled maintenance window is also an expectation.
- To analyze, perform diagnosis and find resolution for end users and if required, to escalate to the L3 team whenever the restoration is beyond the scope.
- Asset management by tracking hardware and software inventory.
- Ensuring compliance and execution of IT security policies and practices are met,
- Perform basic troubleshooting of network connectivity issues occurring on the LAN
- Requesting and coordinating vendor support for delivery of items or services relating to the IT department
- Work in tandem with APS Regional Infrastructure team in new project deployments and systems implementation including upgrades and maintenance, ensuring that KPIs of the projects are met
- Assist APS Regional Infrastructure team to rack mount equipment within the Regional datacenter and also involve in installation, provisioning and configuring of Operating Systems
- Assist and support in datacenter equipment health monitoring
- Perform daily backup tape administration/rotation based on backup administrator’s defined backup policies
- Actively engaging in the testing of systems / applications before deployment by giving feedback and participating in team discussions
- Basic knowledge of MS Active Directory and usage of Software Delivery Tool (preferred MS SCCM) for software installation and OS patching activities.
- Preferably at least 2-3 years of relevant IT experience, mostly providing deskside support to users in a large Enterprise environment (supporting more than 300 users)
Interested candidates who wish to apply for the above position, please email us an updated copy of your resume in Word document (Job Code: ASC) with the following details: (1) Reason for leaving (2) Last drawn and expected salary (3) Position applied for in the email subject header.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
For more job opportunities, please visit www.capitagrp.com/jobs
Licence No : 08C2893
EA License No: 08C2893