Deputy Manager, Finance (Budgeting)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003035400
Employer Ref. 16942
With more than 80 years of successful operations, AIA Singapore is a leading life insurer with one of the largest agency force and dedicated staff locally.
Our commitment to protecting Singapore’s health and financial future has helped us win numerous accolades including the Singapore Health Award 2014 by the Health Promotion Board as well as Human Resources magazine’s No.1 Employee Insurance Vendor of the Year for nine consecutive years and No.1 Employee Healthcare Provider of the Year for two consecutive years.
AIA Singapore is committed to enrich the lives of both our customers and people. Our dedication to providing our people with a supportive environment that allows them to achieve their career goals has helped us garner HR Asia Magazine’s Best Companies to Work for in Asia 2014 Award. This is where your capabilities will be stretched and you’ll be empowered to deliver your best. To find out how you can boost your career, visit our website at http://www.aia.com.sg now.
The incumbent is expected to assist in coordinating the annual budget exercise, operating expenses variance analysis and projects evaluation, in order to provide accurate financial data to Management for planning and review purposes.
- Coordinate the company’s annual budget exercise to consolidate budget information from internal stakeholders, prepare budget presentations for local management budget meetings and ensure all budget deliverables meet submission deadlines.
- Prepare detailed monthly operating expense variance analysis, to assist in providing expense overrun/underrun forecasts.
- Perform other ad-hoc duties assigned by supervisor in order to meet operational and/or other business requirements
- Monitor performance indicators on monthly basis, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Work with Actuarial team on Expense Study, collating expense information and understanding allocation drivers for allocation by lines of business.
- Liaise and assist internal users and external auditors on their ad-hoc queries and request
- Degree in accountancy / ACCA
- At least 5 years of accounting experience (insurance industry and management reporting experience preferred)
- Certifications/licenses - CPA/ACCA
- Good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and SAP interface
Interested applicants, please submit your application online via our careers page.
About AIA Singapore
AIA is one of the pre-eminent and the largest listed life insurance groups in the world with an exclusive focus on the Asia Pacific region. This size, leadership position and regional presence across 18 geographical markets can offer you greater exposure to new experiences and opportunities for growth and development. We have a clear vision and throughout the company’s 90 years of history, we continue to change and transform for the future and for the better. In addition to playing an important role in supporting and preserving the economies of markets where we operate, the very nature of the insurance industry is all about providing protection to people when they need it particularly during difficult times. The people at AIA are all committed to working together with this common moral purpose and take great pride from what they do. If these propositions appeal to you and if you are proactive, forward-looking and innovative, consider a career at AIA.