CapitaTECH – A dedicated technical Staffing and Search division of Capita ever committed to fulfilling our clients’ dynamic technical human capital needs across all industries with its Professional, Personalized and Passionate approach
Data Scientist (Time-Series, Machine-Learn)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003187685
EA License No 08C2893
We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data through signal processing as well as data fusion methods, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products. We are the forerunners in our field with years of accumulated data as well as deployed sites internationally, we are seeking additional crewmembers as expand to improve infrastructure one pipeline at a time.
Must have experience in time-series data analysis.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Qualifications: PhD in related field plus a minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience
- Must have experience in time-series data analysis.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Great communication skills
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra,
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, multi-variate calculus and linear algebra
- Good scripting and programming skills will be a plus
- Data-oriented personality