Data Centre Engineers (L2, network/server/storage support)
ARYAN SEARCH PTE LTD
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002989545
EA License No. 13C6405
Our client is a European-based mnc and they provide IT consulting, managed services and systems integration.
And because of their increasing share in the market, they are in need to add several Data Centre Engineers
- The Data Centre Engineer is the hands on support performing tasks such as hardware, software, and network troubleshooting, server imaging, configuration, rebuild and decommissions. Will perform routine and emergency requests through service request tickets as a member of a service team supporting 24x7x365 on-site coverage
- Follow documented procedures to track system configuration changes in the environment and maintain Operating System and product revision lists along with asset numbers and serial numbers for each asset.
- Report any security incidents that may affect the information processing facilities or services.
- Protect all sensitive data and comply with applicable regulatory requirements, as per documented procedures and training.
- Escalate facility, security and environment issues affecting the services as they arise, using tools provided which is defined and currently located on the team portal
- Accountable for monitoring and controlling daily service ticket activity, customer calls, and service levels.
- Accountable for resolving technical problems with hardware, software and connectivity.
- Responsible for email Management and ensuring that emails are responded promptly.
- Responsible for managing complex situations during off management hours as the single point of contact.
- Accountable for troubleshooting customer issues while maintaining agreed upon service levels for customer contact and resolves the issues.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a DC environment.
- Proficient and/or certified in one or more of the following hardware support
a. Server hardware support, such as HP and/or Dell server hardware support.
b. Network hardware support, such as Cisco Network Hardware and/or Juniper Network Hardware Support.
c. EMC SAN Hardware installation and support
d. F5 Network Hardware Support
- Working experience in the following:
ü RAID Technology
ü Install/upgrade/replace server, device, or network components.
ü Windows Server OS Support (2003/2008) and MS Office suite products.
ü Networking support (protocols, troubleshooting connectivity). Network cabling installation and removal to support infrastructure needs
ü DNS and DHCP
ü Ticket management software
ü Server OS and application imaging/installation/upgrades
ü System firmware and ROM maintenance
ü Tape Backup
- Able to function in a team environment and a good team player
- Preferably with relevant IT certification in Servers or Network
- Diploma or Degree in IT of equivalent
- Ability to work any shift (24x7 operations), including weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform tasks as assigned with minimal supervision
*This job description is intended as a guide to the general job responsibilities and is not inclusive of every duty that the employee is expected to perform
All interested applicants should send their resume to: PRINCESS@aryansearch dot com
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
EA Registration number: R1103286
Licensee: Aryan Search Pte Ltd / License No. 13C6405
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to ARYAN SEARCH PTE LTD
About ARYAN SEARCH PTE LTD
Aryan Search was formed in 2008, with HQ in Singapore and offices across the region. We are a rapidly growing award winning company that offers specialist recruitment consulting services to top class companies, regionally and globally. We cover all areas of Permanent, Contract and Temporary recruitment with a vertical and account driven approach allowing us to adapt and innovate to tailor for our client and candidate needs alike
Top recruiters source top talent
We pride ourselves on being able to deliver the absolute best talent for our clients. It’s vital that we have dedicated, committed recruiters who are passionate about being experts in their vertical markets. We see the importance of selecting the right recruiter, training and coaching them and allowing them to be free to follow the pulse of the industry. Our consultants are given ample tooling, support and advice to ensure that they can not only source well, fast and accurately, but also have a work environment that is aimed at bringing outstanding long term results.
Ethical, integral and candid
Our consultants are highly-trained recruitment experts, who combine leading edge IT systems with 'The Human Touch'. We're operating in the heart of the vertical markets that we specialize in, hence our role is incredibly important, a position that we respect and strive to maintain mutual trust and respect to all of our relations.
What makes us different?
Many of our customers have referenced the incredible focus, speed, passion and persistence in how we operate, we are often told that we stand out from the rest because we know what we are doing. We are true professionals. Our depth and knowledge of the skills, trends, market climate, process and the personal relationships we create give us a confidence and platform to provide an exemplary super-efficient service that has impact and accuracy.
Normally our consultants are seen in the communities associated with the core skills, meetups, events or even blogging about the vertical they operate in. It’s important we are connected and have the touch point to a vast array of people within our domains. We are different because we care about what we do.
What do we recruit?
We recruit for all levels of staff from juniors through to senior management for all sectors of industries, from Information Technology, Banking & Finance (BFSI), Entertainment & Media, Government, Hospitality, Health Care & Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation & Distribution.
Why Aryan Search?
We are responsive, fast, professional and accurate in how we work. Our advice and expertise can allow you to focus on your core business and allow us to take on the overhead of recruiting. Specialists not generalists. Our reputation and results speak wonders - just ask around and you will soon understand why Aryan Search is performing so well.
Our journey continues...
From our inception to date we have achieved exceptional growth, acquired fantastic clients across the regional and globally, invested enormously into a high end technology platform totally unique to Aryan Search and built a profitable business that will continue to grow organically.
The journey for Aryan Search has only started, we will continue to build a solid reputable brand that will disrupt the industry by innovating, leading and challenging the status quo, positioning us as a thought leader and inspiration to recruiters, candidates and clients for the next coming generation.
Company Registration No. 200823066N
License No.: 13C6405