A division that specialises in the recruitment of junior to mid-management positions in all industries. The industries covered include events and promotions, hospitality and tourism, IT and telecommunications, retail and services, transport and logistics, and chemicals.
GMP Recruitment has a thorough screening procedure that ensures a professionally-qualified match who will also fit the client's corporate culture. Operating in many different markets and working in close co-operation with our partners around the world, our wealth of experience and feel for the industry creates the right client – candidate cultural fit.
Customer Service Specialist (6 months contract/ $4000/ US Conglomerate)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003033943
EA License No 09C3051
1. Follows a variety of generally defined procedures within customer service areas, such as customer inquiries, claims and complaints, customer training, call center(s), spare parts invoicing and order management, etc. Generally, assignments are made up of a series of activities with some short-term projects. The scope for discretion requires judgment to handle a variety of activities, conditions, processes, or operations. Sets own work priorities in cooperation with the manager/supervisor. Incumbent is expected to offer suggestions for improvement to methods and processes.
2. Provides guidance or training to co-workers within the same work group on routine support duties, technical requirements, protocol, policy and procedures.
3. Handles problems which require identifying some solutions, selecting from alternative courses of action, with greater adaptation to circumstances as necessary. Most complex problem solving may require gathering facts, analyzing the information, and determining the appropriate solution from multiple options.
4. Has a major impact on the support activities of the direct work group/team, and begins to affect related activities within connected work groups/teams. Working tasks might include:
a. Handles customer inquiries and difficult complaints. Handles telephone calls and other correspondence related to orders, shipments, pricing, discounts, product complaints, adjustments, new products, returned goods, and policy and procedures.
b. Provides service and support through order entry, order status (promise and ship dates), inquiries, back order situations, replenishment orders, and promotions
c. Assists in analyzing customer service reports
d. Handles special customer requests related to payment deductions by comparing to established guidelines
e. Trains support employees on the use of customer service systems.
f. Manages all repeat orders to existing customers
g. Identifies and eliminates repetitive problems within standard administration procedures
5. Primary contacts are both internal and external customers.
6. Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with professional and quality standards, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with the company's values and ethical standards.
7. The job also requires performing other duties as assigned. Percentages of time spent on job duties are estimates and may vary for each position.
- Diploma or Degree holder, preferably with a few years of experience in this role.
- Computer and Microsoft Office software knowledge are required to perform the role.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte Ltd | EA Licence: 09C3051 | Lionel Liew | Registration No: R1330693