Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Custody & Fund Accounting Unit Manager, AVP
jobsDB Ref. JSG100003004922749
Employer Ref. 148975
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of Assistant Vice President: Client Service Representative – Team Leadsits within the Global Services – Client Service Operations department of State Street Singapore. This departmentis responsible for the delivery of custody / fund accounting/ fund administration / middle officerelated services as well as client servicing for a range of Investment Manager clients, Institutionalclients, Asset Owner clients and Insurance clients across Southeast Asia.
The key duties & responsibilities of this role are:
- Lead a team that provides client service for a new strategic Investment Manager client. This client servicing team covers a number of products including global custody, fund accounting / unit pricing, trustee support, fund auditor liaison and middle office investment operations. This team would perform daily oversight function of State Street’s internal processing Centres of Excellence (“CoE”) including the fund accounting CoE based in China and other transactional processing CoE’s based in both India and the US.
- Team strength would beup to 7staff witha mix of experience levels. The leadership and staff management aspect of this team arecritical with keystaffingpriorities being succession planning and talent development.
- Be a key participant in account management planning for our clients.
- Be able to work with internal State Street parties so as to develop creative solutions for change requests submitted by clients.
- Be a key participant / Subject Matter Expert who could contribute to RFP responses, Sales presentations and Due Diligence presentations. This would require a strong working relationship with the Sector Sales and Strategic Relationship Management teams.
- Develop and execute action plans addressing feedback from client service surveys.
- Participate in and, in some instances, lead a wide range of projects related to both client requests and internal initiativeseg. AML/KYC initiatives, local Compliance driven regulatory initiatives.
- Lead regularly scheduledclient service reviews and other client presentations.
- Achieving maximum efficiency within the team and willing to meet challenging headcount targets.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in a mix of custody / fund accounting / investment manager middle office operations / fund administration environment where they have had significant exposure to:
- Client Service function with a proven track record in client facing roles;
- OperationalBAU tasks;and
- Client related projects and business initiatives
- The candidate would need to be comfortable in being an escalation point for a range of accounting and custody issues.
- Significant experience in theoperating model supporting collective funds in Singapore, including trustee, fund admin and transfer agency
- Experience in client implementation and onboarding, able to lead in large/strategic client initiatives.
- Significant exposure in working within a global operating model where they have dealt with other internal parties located all over the world. From a management perspective the candidate would need to have significant experience in managing teams and be used to working in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, possesses the confidenceto present to clients and prospects on custody / fund accounting / investment manager middle office operations / fund administration
- Strong technical skills - able to confidently act as escalation and resolution point for a variety of both client service related issues and for issues relating to State Street’s operational processing Centres Of Excellence eg. Fund accounting / unit pricing, trade processing, financial reporting and shared services
- Strong leadership skills - the candidate must be very comfortable with taking on responsibility and accountability.
- Strong people management skills –team management, talent development and succession planning is critical to the success of this role.
- Strong change agent – the team and companymoregenerally are undergoing a significant amount of change and transformation in terms of processes,service model,operating model and business requirements. We need someone who is willing to embrace and address these challenges and is not afraid of changes that mayoccur to both their role and the broader team.
- Strong solutioningand creative thinking skills – the range of daily issues combined with theneed to come up with creative solutions to client requests requires a nimble, adaptable and creative approach.
Degree qualified with an accounting element or a postgraduate accounting qualification.