Join planet Earth's #1 accommodation site
Booking.com was established in 1996 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and has grown into the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation reservations company. Booking.com is still operated from Amsterdam and supported by more than 184 offices.
13,000 people across the world are dedicated to serving Booking.com’s customers and property-owning partners.
We want to be the best team of motivated and skilled people in the industry. Over 142 nationalities are employed at Booking.com. We are a melting pot of people from all over the world working together. Employees are encouraged to develop their own talents. We have a variety of trainings and other methods within our Booking.com University program to help to do just that.
Our Account Management and Content teams work with our property partners to support transparency, availability, and best pricing for all our customers. Our multilingual Customer Service team provides 24/7 dedicated assistance and advocacy to make sure our customers’ stays meet or exceed their expectations. Our IT teams in Amsterdam take care of creating a perfect shopping experience for our customers.
To help leisure and business travellers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, and enjoy the world’s best places to stay.
We are part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN).
Credit Controller – Thailand Market
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960831
Booking.com Customer Service Center (Singapore) Pte Ltd, one of the support companies in Singapore, is looking for a Credit Controller based in our Singapore Office.
A Booking.com Credit Controller is responsible for the oversight of a portfolio of accounts. The Credit Controller is the main point of contact for these customers for all invoice related issues. The Credit Controller is expected to build strong relationships with customers and business partners in an effort to insure all invoices are paid to the terms of the Booking.com contract. Due to the rapid and continuous growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Collect Open Invoices from Accommodation Partners
- Provide scalable solutions on effective collections
- Cross functional Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Increase growth of company through improving cycle times like DSO, Cash allocation and Delivery of invoices
Thanks to these works, the Credit Controller will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Booking’s business and internal organization and will prepare him/her -self to a broader role.
Key factors of success in this role are a good understanding of the business priorities, strong communication skills and, above all, the capacity to implement projects and reach the pre-set objectives.
- Drive progress through simple and targeted action plans. Implement short term loops of progress and tackle the issues one by one at a high pace
- Create Best Practice and share with Peers
- Be a business partner with Hotels team
- Create a out of the box mind set to improve customer payment behavior
- Is owner of Key Performance Indicators like DSO, % received cash, within 30 days, 60 days and 90 days.
- Ensure adherence to Company policies and applicable governmental regulations.
- Liaise with peers across the business to create successful roll outs
- Managing and Developing Yourself
- Technical knowledge of Collections software
- Strategic/Longer Term Contribution
- Ability to travel if required as part of the role
Skills & competencies:
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives.
- Excellent communication and transversal management skills.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Understanding of business practices and systems.
- Facilitate and practice security and confidentiality of information
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English & Thai verbal and written communication skills.
- Preferably 3 years’ experience in Finance or related field