Energy HR Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Contracts Engineer / Quantity Surveyor - Oil & Gas Construction
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034649
EA License No. 13C6834
Our client is Engineering, Construction, Building and Maintenance Company with a global presence. Their expertise is based on complex infrastructure projects in building, mining, oil and gas, petrochemical, power, transport, water and public infrastructure, and they have ongoing projects throughout the South East Asian region.
Due to ongoing construction works at the Jurong Island based project, there is a current need for an experienced Contracts Engineer to join the company and be stationed on Jurong Island until April 2017
Reporting to the Project Manager or Project Commercial Manager, you will be responsible to perform the following duties, but not limited to;
- High level management of all of the contractual activities within a project or a number of projects
- Effective and consistent implementation of the Company’s commercial policies and procedures
- Promote the importance of the contractual management of projects
- Minimize commercial risks and maximize opportunities.
The successful Contracts Engineer will also be required to ;
- Support the Project Commercial Manager and/or Project Manager and/or Senior Contract Administrator and/or the Contract Administrator to protect and enhance the commercial position of the project or projects.
- Assume responsibility as the Commercial function representative on the project or projects when requested to do so.
- Oversee a procedure to ensure that all entitlements and notices are issued in strict accordance with the Head Contract.
- Ensure that all subcontracts are executed, delivered and closed out, in accordance with Company commercial policies and guidelines.
- Report any instances of commercial non-conformance to the relevant regional or project Commercial Manager in the first instance.
In order to be successful you must have the following;
- Min 5 years experience in QS or Contracts Administration
- Experience in the Construction Industry
- Previous experience as QS preferred.
- Experience with FIDIC conditions of contract
- Able to lead a small QS team of 3 to 4 people
- Previous experience with an international company
- Good communication skills
If you have experience working for a multinational construction contractor, your resume will be highly regarded.
Attractive salaries are on offer and the requirement is immediate.