Contracts/Commercial Manager (Construction)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003188076
- Coordinate the preparation of proper forms, documents and formats in relation to contract planning, formation and negotiation; the administration, issuance, evaluation and documentation of contract activities; and the preparation, direction and monitoring of contracting policies and procedures.
- Monitors project performance to ensure compliance with applicable codes and regulations and the terms and conditions of the contract. Identiﬁes potential problem areas as early as possible.
- Support project teams in the early identification of potential changed conditions and documents entitlement; prepares and participates in claim negotiations.
- Participate in regular project reviews to remain abreast of project status
- Protect client and company interests by verifying that contractual activities and records are in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Collaborate with regional legal counsel in managing dispute resolution and litigation, including dealing with external providers (where appropriate);
- Select, train and evaluate the performance of the contracts team comprising contracts managers, quantity surveyors and other support staff; provide for continuing staff training regarding appropriate legal issues, processes, and procedures
- Degree-qualified in engineering, business or law with at least 6 years of experience in a similar role with a major engineering firm, contractor or law firm in the areas of engineering and construction contracts
- Knowledge on arbitration, court and adjudication process as well as local construction dispute experience is mandatory
- Strong stakeholder and client management skills and the ability to deliver commercially-minded advice
- Well-developed communications skills; able to clearly and concisely express legal issues and analysis as it pertains to business and technical concerns to executive management, commercial and finance colleagues, technical colleagues and peers.
- Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Riverchelles International
About Riverchelles International
With a compelling presence of more than 45 years, RIVERCHELLES, a premier provider of Executive Search, Specialist Recruitment in addition to Leadership Consulting services, has been dominating the human capital solutions market since her establishment in Paris in 1972.
Attributed by our competitive advantage, namely our unmatched expertise in international trade, we are honored to anchor the European and Asian markets in the following industries & functions primarily:
• SUPPLY CHAIN & PROCUREMENT
• MARINE & MARITIME
• CHEMICAL, PHARMACEUTICAL & HEALTHCARE
• FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
• HUMAN RESOURCES
Underpinning our resounding success is a host of critical success factors encompassing sound reputation, long-standing history, single-minded focus, proven methodology, seasoned consultants, among others. That evidently explains why RIVERCHELLES CONSULTANT is adept at offering top-notched executive search services, both contingency and retainer, and Interim Management services.
LINKEDIN CAREERS PAGE: https://www.linkedin.com/company/riverchelles-international