Contract Staff (Senior), Wintel System Administrator, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003028052
Employer Ref. 160001Y6
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Perform Security Health Check of Windows servers and other compliance.
- Perform timely Patch management as per the Schedule.
- Perform Change Management as per the process.
- Support to all BAU (Business as usual) calls.
- Support to raising & implementing including the Patch management CRs in the Wintel infrastructure.
- Daily BAU L3 Calls Support on Windows 2008 and 2012 Server Family infrastructure.
- Good understanding of Operating System infrastructures (And / Or relevant Application specific infrastructure as appropriate)
- Experience of client/server and enterprise environments
- Ability to structure and draft technical documentation
- ITIL Certified or a strong working knowledge of ITIL Incident, Problem and Change Management disciplines
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive.
- Should be able to train junior team members
- Vmware certification or knowledge will be an added advantage
- Citrix certification or knowledge will be an added advantage
- Microsoft certification preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.