Contract Staff (Senior), Database Administrator, Technology Services, Technology and Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003029351
Employer Ref. 1600029Z
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Establishes configuration standard and design guideline for database software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provides technical assistance to development team and operation teams for database systems.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and IMS management. Performs root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Leads and controls the delivery of outsourcer technical team of middleware and database support personnel.
- Ensures the supportability of database software systems. Plans and leads upgrade projects.
- Reviews and approves change requests. Supervise execution for major change
- Conducts performance analysis and tuning
- Automates system operation
- Tracks and drives patch management for all database software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Establish backup and recovery procedures
- personnel. Perform regular access review and validation.
- Establishes adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provides operational excellence and skills on databases to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Supports audit and compliance activities.
- ~5 years of production support experience as Oracle DBA or MSSQL
- Solid Oracle 11gR1/R2 RAC experience including build, general administration, troubleshooting (Break/Fix) and performance tuning skills
- Experience in Clusterware (GRID Infrastructure) - CRS management and configuration
- Skilled in Oracle ASM and Dataguard administration
- SQL & Database Level performance tuning skills
- Demonstrable experience of managing high-performance, high-capacity databases in a critical production environment.
- Expertise in backup and recovery and migration using RMAN, datapump and export/import.
- Experience in maintenance and management of databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control.
- Experience on Solaris, Linux and AIX OS including strong shell scripting skills.
- Good practical understanding of DB2 9.7/10.5 / MSSQL 2012/2014 database management
- Excellent troubleshooting, diagnostic & analytical skills.
- Strong initiative and sense of ownership.
- Expert knowledge of database scripting and automation technology
- Operating Systems (AIX/Solaris/Linux/Windows)
- Databases (Oracle/DB2/MS SQL)
- Scripting (Shell/Perl/Puppet)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
VP / AVP, Solution Architect (Core & Consumer Credit Applications), Core Systems Technology, Technology and Operations