Founded in 1991, the GMP Group is one of Asia’s leading staffing and human resource consultancies. From her humble beginnings, the group has progressed to become a regional human capital solutions provider across all industries. All this while, the group has upheld its vision - to provide ethical, efficient and effective recruitment through friendly and professional service.
With six specialist divisions dedicated to provide industry-specific HR solutions, GMP prided itself as a true “one-stop” solution to its clients and candidates. GMP recruits for local set-ups and foreign MNCs in industries such as IT and telecommunications, oil and gas, banking and finance, and retail and hospitality.
Today, GMP is headquartered in Singapore with offices in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Shanghai and Thailand. The group’s extensive network and comprehensive services have, once again, reaffirmed GMP’s role as one of the most dynamic staffing professionals in the region.
Contract Accountant (6 Months, Tuas, Transport from JE, Accpac, Up to $5K)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003031597
EA License No 15C7601
Employer Ref. 10852
Key accountability of the role is to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results for the Singapore entity (including representative office in Indonesia) for both statutory and management purposes.
- General Accounting - responsible for performing the day-to-day general ledger accounting, closing and financial reporting and analysis.
- Reporting in Frango reporting system and responsible for compiling various periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Internal Controls - ensure regulations, standards, company policies and delegation of authority are being followed. Drive automation and simplification in processes, in order to continuously improve end to end processes, and at the same time maintain strong corporate governance.
- Treasury and Banking - manage and forecast for cash and foreign exchange.
- Oversee Credit and Collection processes - credit control, collection and cash application.
- Oversee Accounts Payable processes - accounting, making payments and ensuring delegation of authority is being complied with.
- Oversee Fixed Assets processes - Track and maintain fixed asset. Tagging and periodic counting.
- Forecasting and Budgeting - work with management team on periodic forecasting and budgeting.
- Others - work with relevant stakeholders (Company Secretary, External and Internal Auditors, Bankers, Lawyers, Tax authorities, etc.) and other priorities as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, preferably with a CA Singapore or equivalent professional qualification.
- Minimum of 6 years experience within MNCs environment.
- Knowledge of Accpac is a must and strong Excel skills are required.
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to communicate effectively across different levels in organization.
- Strong planning & organizational skills, with ability to work under tight deadlines independently.
- Highly analytical thought process in order to adapt to an evolving business.
- Working knowledge of product profitability analysis, budgeting and forecasting preferred.
- Singaporeans only need to apply.
Transport pick-up point: Jurong East, Buona Vista MRT, Chinese Garden MRT, Lakeside MRT, Jurong Point MRT, Pioneer Junction.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GMP Recruitment Services (S) Pte. Ltd. | EA Licence: 09C3051 | Novita Tan | Registration No: R1220374