Compliance Manager (PDPA)
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987237
EA License No. 98C5473
Employer Ref. 3705610/001
As well as general compliance function, the role of the Compliance manager will focus in three main areas:
-Personal Account Dealing
Strong background and experience in these areas will be a clear advantage to a perspective candidate.
Our client provides a comprehensive suite of investment and deposit products in all major currencies. Structuring financial solutions for companies both in its home location and in the Asia-Pacific Region. Syndicating loans for companies in the Asia - Pacific banking market, as well as providing trade finance & related services and building treasury operations in Singapore that will complement and support the bank's international operations.
Data Protection Aspect of role:
- Contribution to the development and implementation of data protection policies and procedures in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
- To advise and coordinate with business groups and other support/control groups for compliance of the Bank's data protection policies, procedures and guidelines.
- To provide guidance to other groups on data protection and maintenance of standards through conducting training and workshops.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a review programme for data protection and to keep the data protection policies and procedures up to date.
- Identification and mitigation of data protection risks in relation to technology, outsourcing, marketing programmes.
- Be the nominated data protection officer of the Bank, coordination with the governmental and regulatory authorities in relation to the activities under the data protection laws and regulations as well as handling and leading on the resolution of complaints from the public and staff in relation to the data protection.
Fraud Aspect of the role:
- Conduct investigation and reporting of fraudulent activities that may occur from time to time.
- Drafting and Filing of MAS Notice 641 detailing the findings of investigation.
- Updating Fraud Management System for record consolidation.
Personal Account Dealing function:
- To provide guidance to all employees on the Personal Account Dealing Policy and to conduct Staff Training and counselling of staff from time to time
- To facilitate the filing of declaration and preparation of FAQs and guides to understanding the policy
- Conducting a Review of policy - at least once every 2 years to ensure that the policy is relevant and up to date
- Annual Compliance Testing of declaration to ensure that all staff adhere to the policy and where applicable checks are done to ensure pre-trade clearances are sought
- Review and update the Compliance Manual for Singapore Compliance to provide guidance on rules in respect of regulatory requirements.
- Review PAC Note and Imemo for Retail Banking to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Manage and update VKomply Portal with up to date information and new regulatory developments
- Managing and tracking of submissions and letters through the use of Covenant Monitor and CG reporter. To ensure that all submissions are submitted in a timely manner.
- MAS Guidelines review to be done for guidelines issued by the Authority in relation to the business. Submission of review to head office and for internal update is to be done in a timely manner, assessing the potential impact of new guidelines and regulations.
- Conduct compliance review for Retail Banking, Private Banking and Corporate Banking Complaints to ensure adherence to applicable policies.
The Compliance Head may give ad hoc projects from time to time.
-Auditor or compliance officer of organisation in the financial service sector or consultancy/audit firms.
-Conversant with laws and regulations(MAS regime) for financial services sectors and data protection and privacy in particular as they relate to the banking sector in Singapore.
-Basic knowledge of technology systems in relation to data protection is desirable.
-Good verbal and written communication skills, and able to communicate effectively at all levels
-Self motivated, with a proven ability to learn on the job is essential. 3. Strong integrity, independence and resilience.
-Good level of people management skills
The role offers the opportunity to expand into new areas of compliance specialisation as well as to become a part of a rapidly growing team based in Singapore, the bank's regional APAC hub of operations. The role will allow the candidate to grow with the bank and provide a rapid career progression for a talented and driven team member.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Hugh Passmore (Lic no:R1546868) on +65 6419 5931
About Michael Page
As part of PageGroup, Michael Page is a leading professional recruitment consultancy specialising in the recruitment of permanent, contract and temporary positions on behalf of the world's top employers. PageGroup operates through 155 offices in 35 countries worldwide. First established in London in 1976, we've been bringing jobseekers and employers together for more than 30 years. London listed, we opened our first Asian office in Hong Kong in 1994 and currently we have offices in all major business hubs across the APAC region, including Australia, Singapore, Tokyo, Malaysia, India, Taiwan, Shanghai, Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Pudong and Suzhou.
So if you're looking to take your career to the next level, visit www.michaelpage.com.sg