Founded in 1907 as a messenger company in the United States, UPS has grown into a multi-billion-dollar corporation by clearly focusing on the goal of enabling commerce around the globe. Today UPS, or United Parcel Service Inc., is a global company with one of the most recognised and admired brands in the world. As the largest express carrier and package delivery company in the world, we are also a leading provider of specialised transportation, logistics, capital, and e-commerce services. Every day we manage the flow of goods, funds and information in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.
Compliance Assistant Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003034277
Employer Ref. 034599
Reporting to Finance Compliance Manager, the Compliance Assistant Manager is responsible for the governance and compliance within the Global Accounting Center (GAC) in Asia region supporting internal and external stakeholders in the area of statutory accounting.
The Compliance Assistant Manager acts as an advisory point of contact within APAC GAC to proactively identify, evaluate and manage risk and controls to ensure that the company’s financial matters are being handled in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
The Compliance Assistant Manager would lead a team of 2-3 accountants.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and proactively manage all external statutory Audits for APAC subsidiaries with the independent auditors, including coordinating, managing and monitoring the preparation of statutory financial statements to ensure consistent quality and regulatory due dates are adhered to
- Oversees all internal Audits for Asia Pacific entities, including coordinating, managing and monitoring all responses and reporting to ensure internal accounting policies and practices are adhered to
- Participates in other projects and performs ad-hoc requests as required
- Partnering the Training Manager to provide induction and refresher training on a variety of compliance topics and to update on changes in accounting standards
- Develops, implements and manages Audit and Risk Management Guidelines and Policy for the APAC GAC
- Identifies accounting and regulatory risk or opportunities, provides advice to the relevant stakeholders on identification and management of risks and propose appropriate actions to mitigate and manage the risks
- Research and identify areas for Audit and Risk continuous improvement in accounting processes and implement them, provide data reporting and analysis and timely support to the internal stakeholders
- Minimum Degree qualification in Finance / Accounting or similar discipline
- 5 years relevant working experience in accounting or internal audit or public accounting; big 4 accounting experience will be an added advantage
- Proficient in accounting, auditing principles and practices, including US GAAP and statutory accounting
- Strong Finance and Accounting experience with exposure working with internal and external auditors
- Proven knowledge of the audit process – risk assessment, process documentation, risk control matrices, control recommendation, test procedures, testing templates, sample size, reporting, preparing remediation documentation and process excellence skillset
- Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with business heads, senior managers, consultants, technical experts across the whole department and business users
- Result-oriented with ability to pay attention to detail, manage timelines and produce excellent work quality
- Exceptional organizational, planning and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel skills