Allegis Group is the global leader in talent solutions focused on working harder and caring more than any other provider. We’ll go further to understand the needs of our people – our clients, our candidates, and our employees – and to consistently deliver on our promise of an unsurpassed quality experience. That’s the Allegis Group difference, and it’s consistent across every Allegis Group company. With more than US$11billion in annual revenues and over 500 locations across the globe, our network provides businesses with a comprehensive suite of talent solutions — without sacrificing the niche expertise required to ensure a successful partnership. Our specialised group of companies includes: Aerotek, TEKsystems, Allegis Global Solutions, Aston Carter, Major, Lindsey & Africa, Allegis Partners, MarketSource, and EASi. Visit www.AllegisGroup.com to learn more.
Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA Licence No. 10C4544
Compliance Advisory/Regulatory Analyst (Contract)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960761
EA License No 10C4544
The role provides regulatory compliance advice to the Front Office, Global Investment & Solutions and infrastructure areas, in particular on licensing matters in relation to the Representative Notification Framework, compliance support in the complaints resolution process, co-ordinate responses to on-going regulatory submissions and requests from regulators (e.g. MAS) and auditors. The role will also provide compliance advice and guidance necessary to support the wind down of the wealth business upon completion of the sale.
The role reports directly to the Head of Wealth Compliance Asia, who is based in Singapore or such appointed executive.
o Key specific accountabilities
- RNF licensing matters which include but are not limited to change in particulars, cessation and updating of records in the global registration system
- Regulatory management, in conjunction with the respective Country Compliance team, to ensure prompt and accurate submissions of on-going regulatory reports, ad-hoc regulatory notifications and handling requests from regulators and auditors
- Provide compliance support in the complaint resolution process
- Provide compliance related training where necessary
- Provide compliance representation to support the wind down of the wealth business which include but are not limited to advice on legacy products which cannot be transferred, support in the development of the process and control framework in relation to the sharing of information with the Bank of Singapore Post Legal Day 1
- Prepare and compile information as and when requested by senior management or the Head Office
o Stakeholder management and leadership.
- Provide compliance representation at governance meetings to support the wind down of the wealth business
- Responsible for timely and effective communication/reporting to stakeholders and compliance teams in Asia and London
o Decision making and problem solving.
- Provide expert compliance advice and guidance to the wind down team, in consultation with relevant stakeholders, on how to resolve issues arising Post Legal Day 1 e.g. providing advice on legacy positions which cannot be transferred
- Provide timely and accurate responses to regulators, auditors and senior management by sourcing relevant information from various stakeholders