Mothercare (S) Pte. Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003153946
- Driving the strategic direction of the Buying Department with the goal to make Mothercare the most compelling place for our customers to shop by focusing on PRICING, ASSORTMENT and BRANDS.
- Complete open-to-buy forecasts—determining how much money may be spent on getting in new merchandise along with replenishing older merchandise
- Visiting stores (both Mothercare and competition) regularly to proactively understand assortments, pricing and store presentation
- Working with the Head of Merchandising on the financial plan
- Responsible for the overall direction and performance in all the apparel and accessories categories
- Set annual category budgets
- Driving the category review and making recommendations based on analysis
- Deliver budgeted sales and margin targets at class level
- Periodic review of financial results to highlight view of future performance
- Determines merchandise gaps within each category, sourcing products to fill in gaps.
- Working with Operations team to develop option plans per category
- Conduct store level analysis to maximise the space and drive sales through optimum store ranging
- Interacts with store managers/supervisors to discuss best sellers and merchandise placement
- Responsible for strong action oriented analysis of business in season, post season and long term planning of category
- Using analysis to drive assortment, marketing, pricing and store placement decisions
- Utilizing industry information to drive brand and item selection focusing on competing with both departmental and specialty retail
- Driving the grow, maintain and downtrend category designations to create bottom up plans to meet total area financial targets
- Determining pricing strategy for category/product that maintains Mothercare’s pricing integrity whilst driving sales
- The buyer is the primary owner of making sure Mothercare is competitively priced
- Ensure retail price changes are communicated and implemented in a timely manner
Promotion Planning & Markdowns
- Planning end of season promotions to optimise profit and sales
- Planning in-season promotions on selected categories and ensuring inventory to meet the promotional strategy
- Ensure Margin management of all activity to hit budget
- Execution and implementation of promotion in-store in a timely and effective manner
- Works with Marketing to develop sales promotions to tempt the buying customer.
- Determine markdown strategy that ties to plan
- Negotiating with vendors for markdown support or returns
- Monitors stock level and keep healthy inventory.
- Clearance and management of ageing and discontinued stock
- Management of slow moving product and excess stock lines
- Constant analyses of stock situations to ensure immmediate rectification of overstock or understock situations
- Full understanding of market positioning and competitor activity
- Regular Review with clear action plan devised to shape future range and promotional plans
- Analyzing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends.
- Attending all Clothing Mothercare Franchise meetings as necessary
- Liaises with UK on merchandise ranges, retail and cost prices fluctuations, overstock and understock issues.
- Meeting local suppliers to fill in merchandise gaps within the UK range and negotiating terms of contract—negotiate best possible cost prices to maximise margin
- Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers and sourcing new suppliers for future products/brands.
- Develop promotional plans with key vendors
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Mothercare (S) Pte. Ltd.
About Mothercare (S) Pte. Ltd.
Mothercare proudly celebrates its 50th birthday, as the world's biggest and most trusted retail specialist in newborn and parenting products.
On 19th September 1961 in Kingston, Surrey, the first Mothercare store opened its doors to the public. Selim Zilkha, founder of Mothercare, wanted a one stop shop for parents and realised there were no specialised shops in the parenting market where customers could find everything they needed for mother and baby under one roof.
Today, the pioneering spirit of Selim Zilkha is still alive, with over 1200 Mothercare stores in 53 countries and continuing to be the specialist retailer for parents-to-be and families who want quality and choice at an affordable price.
Mothercare started trading in Singapore in 1984. Now, we have 14 stores island-wide with our flagship store located at HarbourFront Centre, Level 3. At the flagship store, it showcases our full range of children's furniture, pushchairs, car seats and travel cots, and is recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records as having the largest range of baby equipment in Singapore.
We have a strong reputation in our specialism, quality, safety and innovation in our products and services for mothers, mothers-to-be, babies and young children. Parents need more than products, they need wisdom. We take pride in the fact that we've got the products and the people to manage that wonderful, frustrating, hilarious, serious, exhausting and rewarding process call parenting.
To help us deliver on our ambitions, we need great people. People who are passionate about parenting - nurturing and guiding our customers, who own the issues, who pull together to make the business better and deliver exceptional performance day after day.
Have you got the DNA to succeed at Mothercare?
If your answer is yes, we want to hear from you right now.
Visit us at www.mothercare.com.sg