Chief Manufacturing and Engineering Director
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003035077
EA License No. 12C5526
Employer Ref. BBBH2478
My client is looking to hire an Executive Director oversee global manufacturing across Europe and Asia. This is an exciting opportunity to strategize the launch, production and manufacturing of existing and new products globally.
Global manufacturing organization encompasses the management of all manufacturing and supply chain functions from procurement in each tier of the supply chain, to management of the first tier manufacturing assembly factories in APAC. The Global Director shall manage multiple department heads, bridging across various technical functions including manufacturing engineering and injection molding tooling from NPI to EOL.
The candidate is responsible for leading and driving overall strategy for all manufacturing engineering functions globally in support of operational and business plans relative to meeting cost, quality, delivery and new production introduction requirements:
- Create and deliver clear global strategy for manufacturing engineering across all the manufacturing disciplines within part assemblies, sub-assemblies and final assemblies including the development of future advanced manufacturing engineering solutions.
- Provide strong technical leadership in managing Process Engineering, Product Engineering, Equipment and Maintenance Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Automation, Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Injection molding and Painting and New Production Introduction.
- Drive Process and Product Management relative to process control, yield improvement, scrap reduction, process optimization and product management.
- Lead Equipment and Maintenance function to provide effective equipment and maintenance support relative to equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, spares management and equipment setup and qualification. This shall include manufacturing assembly, injection molding plastics, and high speed precision automation where applicable.
- Manage New Product Introduction with the Research, Design and Development (RDD) team applying various methods to ensure DFx is integrated 100% in to the development process. Ensure effective new product transfer, release to production and volume ramp.
- Work with R&D team on product/process improvement following new product transfers from headquarters to different sites.
- Manage key suppliers across all disciplines relative to project management, equipment service support and equipment supplier management and technology capability aligned to our product roadmaps.
- Develop engineering competencies of team to meet engineering, operational and business requirements.
- Minimum 20 years of engineering leadership experience, with 10 years' operating at Executive Director Level.
- Core competences require a broad experience in high volume, precision supply including molding, painting, assembly, automation test, performance and productivity, and quality.
- Degree/Post Graduate Degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering.
- Excellent communicator, with high energy levels, and results driven orientation.
- Demonstrated track record of significant engineering accomplishments, particularly in the areas of automation, product/process and maintenance management, obsession with quality, cost and delivery.
- Multi-national corporations work exposure with strong ability to work with regional and headquarter team for results including direct C level exposure.
- Strong leadership, drive, execution and problem solving abilities to meet engineering, operational and business goals.
- Strong ability to lead team and influence for results across organization.
- Six-Sigma black belt certification with extensive experience in TPM, Kepner Tregoe and DFM methodologies.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to VOLT