Sofitel Singapore City Centre
Sofitel Singapore City Centre, an iconic hotel opening 2nd Quarter 2017, will form part of a mixed use development at Tanjong Pagar Centre, a multi-billion dollar development, which will become Singapore’s tallest building at 290 metres set around landscaped parkland and direct MRT station access.
The 222-room Sofitel Singapore City Centre will offer chic designed rooms, 4 Food and Beverage options, a ballroom and several meeting rooms, fitness and pool facilities.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003032032
We are currently looking for a Chief Concierge with an excellent command of English (written and spoken), excellent communication skills with adaptability, good leadership, good administration, and planning skills.
- Lead the team of Concierge ambassadors in providing courteous and professional service to both guests and customers of the Hotel.
- Maintain and control the use of the luggage room, ensuring that the luggage is taken to the guest rooms or properly stored and labeled at all times.
- Maintain appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform, appearance and posture throughout the department.
- Take note of the daily departing time of check-out guests and make taxi arrangements, shuttle arrangements and limousine services to the airport if required.
- Manage the hotel VIP programme and reports, liaising and coordinating with other departments as required.
- Provide information pertaining to all hotel services, local places of interests, restaurants, doctors, sightseeing tours and any other information to meet the guests’ individual requirements.
- Handle or resolve any guest complaints and establish good relationships with guests and clients of the hotel.
- Oversee Concierge ambassadors in their daily duties – greeting of guests at entrance, carrying baggage, rooming of guests, daily directory postings and transfer arrangements.
- Supervise and delegate duties to all staff within the section and prepare their work schedules as required.
- 4 years of related work experience in the hospitality industry and 2 years of managerial experience.
- Good organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload & handle pressure.
- Strong leadership with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to train and develop team members. Able to create positive and effective working relationships with both guests and team members.
- Excellent communication skills with the passion to serve.
Date of issue: November 28, 2016