jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987801
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to Head Chef
- Supervises the functioning of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs and contributes to maximizing the overall food and beverage profit.
- Controls and analyses on an ongoing basis, the following: - .
- Quality levels of production and presentation.
- Operating/ payroll/ food costs
- Cleanliness, sanitation, hygiene
- Ensures optimum performance of all the above areas
- Responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times.
- Establishes and maintains effective employee relations and working relationships.
- Is responsible for the preparation of menus and participates in the pricing policy in consultation with Director.
- Works with the Restaurant Manager(s) in determining the minimum and maximum food par stocks. Ensures the completion of the market list in accordance with its quality and quantity standards. Inspects all perishable food items received for quality.
- Attends and contributes to weekly meetings.
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Good understanding of Western Cuisine.
- Fast Food and Casual Dining experience is an advantage
- Proactive and visionary
- Experienced in menu and recipe development.
- Food understanding of cost and inventory control management.
APPLY NOW to avoid missing out on this exciting role!