CHEF DE PARTIE
The British Club
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002956130
Prepare and serve food within the food preparation standards and to check equipment and utensils in a clean and sanitary manner.
Responsible for supervising, coordinating and participating in the preparation and cooking of food for functions and a la carte service.
Job Responsibilities include, but not limited to
- Supervise co-ordinates and participates in food preparation in the kitchen.
- Check daily menu, buffet menu, function orders and forecast to determine types and quantity of food items to prepare.
- Discuss daily activities, functions and special orders with superior.
- Responsible for the preparation and cooking of staff meals (when applicable).
- Suggest new menu and food presentation from time to time.
- Assist in the providing training and guidance to junior cooks.
- Identify training needs for the kitchen staff.
- Check that after each operation, all food surpluses should be cleared, kitchen equipment, stoves, lighting, power supply should be switched off.
- Check the kitchen is always in a safe condition to prevent any unnecessary accident.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of equipment, work areas, cold rooms and chillers at all times.
- Check that all machines, equipment and utensils are clean and in working condition at all times.
- Adhere MOE hygiene standards are met.
- Report any maintenance and repair services required to Sous Chef.
- Check and follow-up repair and maintenance work-orders.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Adhere to the Department's Operational Budget is strictly adhered to and all costs are strictly controlled.
- Carry out other kitchen related duties as may be assigned by the Management.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to The British Club
About The British Club
Celebrating 30 years, the British Club has a unique hill-top location in the heart of Bukit Timah. The Club offers its Members excellent Sports and Recreational facilities, extensive Food & Beverage operations and currently enjoys a membership of over 2500 families from a wide variety of nationalities. Over the years, the Club has enjoyed solid growth in membership and has a policy of constantly upgrading its facilities for the benefit of its Members.
In order to continue its successful development, we are now seeking a suitability qualified individual for the position of: