Join planet Earth's #1 accommodation site
Booking.com was established in 1996 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and has grown into the world’s leading online hotel and accommodation reservations company. Booking.com is still operated from Amsterdam and supported by more than 184 offices.
13,000 people right across the world are dedicated to serving Booking.com’s customers and property-owning partners.
We want to be the best team of motivated and skilled people in the industry. Over 142 nationalities are employed at Booking.com. We are a melting pot of people from all over the world working together. Employees are encouraged to develop their own talents. We have a variety of trainings and other methods within our Booking.com University program to help to do just that.
Our Account Management and Content teams work with our property partners to support transparency, availability, and best pricing for all our customers. Our multilingual Customer Service team provides 24/7 dedicated assistance and advocacy to make sure our customers’ stays meet or exceed their expectations. Our IT teams in Amsterdam take care of creating a perfect shopping experience for our customers.
To help leisure and business travellers, whatever their budgets, easily discover, book, and enjoy the world’s best places to stay.
We are part of the Priceline Group (NASDAQ: PCLN).
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002989061
This role is ideal for an articulate, analytical and enthusiastic WFM professional who enjoys working in an international and fast paced company. The Regional Capacity Planner will be passionate about providing the best possible levels of customer service by ensuring the right number of staff in order to achieve service level targets. Strategic planning, both short-term and long-term, is needed to help staff the APAC contact centers; through applicable WFM staffing principles and Excel modeling, The Regional Capacity Planner will be the link between WFM and Operational Management.
- Oversee the regional process of Capacity Planning from a strategic angle for the APAC region;
- Assist the Regional Workforce Manager in identifying and understanding staffing challenges and proposed solutions;
- Evaluate staffing needs based on the strategic forecast and develop long term plans to meet staffing requirements;
- Work together with the Global Forecasters and other Regional Capacity Planners to create detailed and clear recruitment plans per language, shift and location;
- Develop multiple staffing scenarios and account for unforeseen challenges or changing business requirements;
- Monitor available seats within the APAC site locations and liaise with internal departments to ensure adequate office space for future growth;
- Liaise with WFM, Operations and HR/Recruitment on correct implementation and execution of the staffing plan;
- Streamline and improve current processes, change management;
- Identify and resolve potential staffing issues;
- Maintain collection and tracking processes for relevant data;
- Maintain appropriate records of staffing decisions and changes on a regular basis;
- Provide a variety of reports to management;
- Deliver reports on time as requested.
- Prior and relevant experience from Workforce or Capacity Planning required;
- Ability to oversee projects from a strategic angle and steer for the desired outcome;
- Experience in coordinating tasks and building professional relationships;
- Has the ability to explain complex WFM/staffing challenges in simple terms;
- Outstanding analytical skills and ability to see trends and patterns in data;
- Ability to prepare and present reports accurately and clearly;
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Self-starter with an ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Basic knowledge of SQL and databases preferred;
- Experience working with a WFM-tool preferred.
- Positive attitude;
- Hands on mentality;
- Builds Collaborative Relationships;
- Business Awareness;
- Contributes to continuous improvement;
- Customer Focus;
- Open to change;
- Embrace Teamwork;
- Strong work ethic;
- Planning and Organizing;
- Attention to detail;
- Analytical Focus.