Cameraman, Current Affairs (Editorial) - 1-Year Contract
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002987726
Employer Ref. ID=1050
- Operate High Definition cameras for News as well as documentary production
- Carry out basic audio recording
- Advise producers and reporters on camera techniques and creative angles
- Able to work independently without reporter and producer at location
- Able to edit sequences using Final Cut Pro or other editing systems and send via FTP using broadband network or via satellite broadcast
- Able to travel overseas for news and documentary assignments as and when required
- Required to drive company vehicles for outdoor shoot for news and documentary production
- At least 1 year of camera experience with an interest in news and current affairs
- Solid knowledge of technical operation and functions of the ENG camera, tripod, lights, microphones and cables
- Experience with live shots, able to operate satellite modem (Bgan) and Live U (bounded mobile decoder) or similar device
- Good understanding of NLEs like Adobe Premier, FCP and File Transfer Protocols.
- Proven ability to operate in difficult situations, work under time pressure, and at times long hours
- Willing to travel overseas for breaking news events
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Good team player and prepared to work on irregular shifts including weekends and Public Holidays
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.