Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Business Manager - Diabetes business (SEA)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002987593
EA License No. 07C5461
Although Medtronic are the largest medical device company in the world, the Diabetes Group feels very much like a start up. This is an incredible opportunity to utilise the huge brand of Medtronic, whilst at the same time manage a team breaking into new markets in the SEA region. This role presents an outstanding opportunity for career advancement
- Lead the Medtronic Diabetes Southeast Asia (SEA) Business Unit team, which includes “solid line” management over Sales, Marketing, Sales support, and Training & Education functions.
- Drive growth and deliver both short- and long-term financial results in SEA
- Working with in-country & regional resources, responsible for developing and executing market-specific growth strategies to:
- Drive adoption of Medtronic Diabetes therapies, including insulin pump therapy and continuous glucose monitoring devices, among prescribers
- Drive awareness & interest among patients
- Responsible for recruiting, coaching, development & performance management of sales & marketing leaders.
- Drive operational excellence across the team including account segmentation, forecasting, lead management, inventory planning, & sales execution.
- Ensure that the Company’s agreed quality standards (including ISO13485) are maintained with regard to its products, procedures, policies, operations and customer contact
- P&L responsibility for Diabetes business in SEA markets.
- Meet annual operating plan (AOP) and budget
- Develop long-term country-specific strategic plans for the Diabetes business unit
- Manage personnel to achieve annual performance objectives.
- Demonstrate outstanding talent management, ensuring Medtronic recruits and develops the best talent, and that we have strong leadership pipelines at all levels.
- Through the sales leadership team, ensure effective and efficient territory coverage is realised. Regularly segment the sales territories to identify potential areas for growth
- Drive commercial excellence within the sales team, ensuring there is effective territory coverage, account segmentation aligned with the strategy, regular pre/post call sales coaching, and consistent & accurate forecasting.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with key decision makers / opinion leaders. Assess market needs, follow trends in the business and anticipate future developments. Commission market research as required.
- Partner with regional and country RA leadership teams and SBU to ensure timely and high quality product submission.
- Monitor competitive activity in the field and develop strategies and tactics to deal effectively
- Work within and actively promote Medtronic’s Mission, corporate strategies, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
- Right balance of strategic & commercial/operational thinking
- High accountability – “do what you say”
- High energy, resilient, entrepreneurial
- Outstanding people management skills - ability to lead, manage and motivate by example
- Effective matrix management skills (crosses geographies and divisions)
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with ease at different levels of hierarchy
- Aptitude for technology
- Strong communicator and presenter
- Can work autonomously and with cross-functional/regional stakeholders
- Graduate with a science-based/engineering degree preferred
- MBA qualification strongly preferred
- More than 10 years’ work experience, with P&L Management and/or National Sales head role experience strongly preferred
- Experience leading businesses which required the creation of a New Category & Solutions-Selling approach strongly preferred
- Strong SEA healthcare experience with expertise in at least 2 of following markets: Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines. Experience in other SEA markets also a plus.
- Knowledge of Diabetes therapies and Diabetes Key Opinion Leaders in SEA markets preferred
- Prior experience in direct-to-consumer marketing with a health-oriented product preferred
- Prior experience in Medical devices preferred
- Demonstrable track record developing and executing against Business Plans, team building, people management