As a regional and national center of excellence, the National Cancer Centre Singapore (NCCS) is a one-stop centre offering a holistic range of clinical services to patients. Its inspirational concept of care is patient-focused, with multidisciplinary teams of professionals working together to improve the quality of life for patients and their families. NCCS and its nexus of hospitals treat about 66% of cancer patients in the public sector. The NCCS also conducts clinical and basic research, as well as develops public education programmes wholly directed at the prevention and treatment of cancer.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to be part of our team to realize our mission to be a national and regional centre of excellence.
Business Development Manager
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003187277
Employer Ref. 2434BR
The incumbent will work with Key Opinion Leaders and investigators in the Asia-Pacific region to operate the Asian Thoracic Oncology Research Group (ATORG), hosted by National Cancer Centre Singapore. This is a new initiative conceived by key physician investigators in the region, primarily to coordinate clinical studies through a central office based in Singapore. The nature of these studies would include but are not limited to proof-of-concept trials across all phases, with the goal to eventually run coordinate registration studies in the region. In addition, ATORG will engage sites in the region to enable translational research activities in lung cancer across Asia.
You will report to the executive committee of ATORG, and work closely with the scientific committees to organize activities related to the objectives group. You will be tasked to also expand the operational team of ATORG to encompass expertise to manage all aspects of translational clinical trials e.g. research coordinators, data managers.
ATORG is a business unit and hence the incumbent will ensure at least a cost recovery model of operations.
- Master or Degree in science or a related field with at least 5 years of relevant working experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, analytical, self-confident and mature personality.
- Ability to run a business unit with at least a cost recovery model.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Familiarity with regulatory and legal requirements relating to conduct of clinical studies and trials.
- Ability to engage across multiple domains including site investigators and personnel, physicians, scientists, key opinion leaders, regulatory authorities, industry partners.
- An understanding of the biomedical landscape in Singapore and the region will be an advantage.
Personal Characteristics & Behaviours we are looking for
- Possess competent and good leadership skills to lead a team of staff.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organisation.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organisation and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work co-operatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problem, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organisation.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organisation.
- Organise: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organisation forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Ability to run a business unit.