An established lighting company which specializes in turnkey projects requires:
Business Development Manager (Lighting)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002958118
This position is a member of the Commercial Specification Sales Team and reports directly to the Managing Director. The primary responsibility is to create value for our customers. We want to alleviate better customer service via design and application solutions stemming from our wide range of lighting products. As a Business Development Manager, you will manage sales operations for major customers in the Specification market.
The position is responsible for the sales revenue results and specification lighting business and brand development. We are looking for a self-driven, entrepreneurial person who is willing to put the hard effort that it takes in order to pursue a future career with Bizlink.
- Responsible for sales development.
- Develop a sales plan to deliver agreed targets, delivering bottom line results and agreed margin with long-term project planning as well as delivering on short-term goals.
- Meet with lighting Distributors to develop and firmly establish market presence and show commitment to grow our business in their market.
- Follow, analyse and review industry, market and sales trends to assist in identifying emerging segment formats and/or prospective accounts.
- Schedule, prepare and deliver sales presentations to targeted partners and accounts identified.
- Provide value added solutions to customers by working collaboratively with other organizational resources.
- Make sales calls to develop and maintain business relationships with 80% of time out of the office in face to face meetings.
What we look for
- Proven interpersonal skills and customer focus.
- Highly motivated, possess creative problem solving skills and can demonstrate a proven track record of success in previous employment.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-10 years’ experience within the lighting and lighting control industry with established key account contacts/relationships.
- Knowledge of general illumination, technology and sustainability is a must along with a clear demonstration of leveraging your existing network.