Established in 1972, Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. In addition to our Head office in London, we have offices in 11 other countries with over 1,000 staff, and a further 800 contributing analysts in over 80 countries around the world. As an independent company and recognised innovator, consistently out-performing our peers, we were the UK Private Company of the Year 2013 and in 2014 won the Queen’s Award for Enterprise.
Our products now include our award-winning Passport database, consumer and industrial market reports, detailed city surveys, future trends and consumer surveys. We also have a flourishing Consulting division. Our reports, analysis and forecasts are considered essential reading by business leaders for their cutting-edge content, design and usability. Euromonitor's clients include the world’s major multinationals, banks, consultancies, libraries and business schools.
Business Development Executive
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960903
This Business Development role is part of the corporate sales team based in the Singapore regional office.
You will be responsible for targeting new organization’s within your territory, across Asia Pacific. You will be a highly self-motivated sales professional with a proven track record for selling in the business-to-business arena. You’ll have the tenacity, drive, commercial awareness and persuasiveness to find the right contact, understand the client’s issues, and match and apply the benefits in your solution. You will often need to involve several stakeholders, both internally and externally, in different locations across the world so strong networking and organization skills as well as an understanding of corporate purchasing dynamics are a must. Additional Asian languages would therefore be an added advantage although not essential.
- Generate sales with new clients in your designated territory. This role targets large, multinational companies and companies who need consumer data to help them make strategic decisions
- Identify key sponsors, influencers and decision makers at target companies and ensure that you understand their roles and objectives, and that they understand the benefits and applications of using data.
- Create a sales plan on how to reach sales targets and ensure implementation of the plan
- Research a strong prospect list
- Take ownership of your personal sales targets
- Develop your new clients so they know how to use their online service to ensure renewal contracts and opportunities to increase contract values
- An outstanding personal sales track record
- Proven experience of selling to large multi-national organisations
- Familiarity and comfortable with cold calling
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills
- Intelligent, able to solve problems, and react positively to change
- Tenacity, drive and resilience
- Commercial awareness
- A targets-driven approach to work
- Experience in strategic market information sales
- Self-motivated and organised
- Fluency in English to a business level
- Ability to speak any Asian language (s) will be an added advantage
If you are interested in applying for this post, please write in to and attention it to the Recruiting Manager, with job code SG SALES CORP. Applications in writing should include CV and comprehensive covering letter explaining your interest in the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Euromonitor International does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability and genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factor