BYMA Pte Ltd (BYMA) is a joint venture between Bouygues Batiment International and SPA Project Management Pte Ltd, part of Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd. This company brings together the local expertise of one of the leading international construction group and the local development knowledge of SPA Project Management Pte Ltd.
BYMA has been awarded on 3rd April 2013 a USD 94.6 million contract by Thanlyin Estate Development Ltd to design and build the second phase of Star City, a prominent residential estate featuring 4,980 apartments, car parks and communal facilities located along the Bago River in the outskirts of Yangon, Myanmar. It has also been awarded on 17th December 2014 on the third phase of Star City a USD 125 million contract.
For this third phase, the construction will kick off quickly over a period of thirty-five months. It consists of the engineering and construction of 4 blocks of 25 storey buildings, and 2 blocks of 28 storey buildings totaling 115,000 m2 of gross floor area.
Additional projects may probably be awarded in the coming months which will make BYMA the leading construction company in Myanmar. We currently have a headcount of 1,500 working in the company and will quickly move to 2,500 employees.
We are expanding rapidly in Myanmar. We are inviting applicants for:
Business Development Director (Based in Myanmar, Yangon)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003186762
Member of BYMA executive committee
Business opportunities hunting and selection:
- Analysis of the market condition / Competition / Potential Contacts / Clients,
- Analysis of the Economics of potential projects,
- Analysis of the technical / financial / contractual aspects of a project,
- Propose to BYMA Board business opportunities for selection
- Prepares and chairs tender feasibility and tender wrap-up meetings,
- Coordinates the drafting of the bid,
- Coordinate selling price calculations of all the trades.
In coordination with the Technical Director:
- Plans and organizes the studies (identifying risks, managing program) and the design of the projects with architects / consultants / prepares and chairs meetings
- Plans a project by identifying the procedures human / plant / equipment resources as well as environment implications.
- Organize internal and external resources to answer the bid
- Leads tender negotiations,
- Carries the transfer of the project to the project delivery team
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture or Building Construction (preferably Masters level)
- Capacity to get things done
- Sense of Client Service
- Good contacts with Consultant Firms / Local Authorities
- Good knowledge of the Private Investors / International / Investment Funds / Local & International developers
- International and local Myanmar experience with a focus on Tendering & Business development
- Preferably with membership to a recognized professional organization