Lufthansa Systems GmbH & Co. KG is one of the world’s leading providers of IT services in the airline industry. It draws its unique strengths from an ability to combine profound industry know-how with technological expertise and many years of project experience. The wholly-owned subsidiary of the Lufthansa Group employs about 1,900 people and has offices in Germany and 16 other countries. The company offers its more than 300 airline customers an extensive range of successful and in many cases market-leading products for the aviation industry.
As we are growing our business in Asia Pacific, Lufthansa Systems is looking for high energy and proactive candidate with demonstrable bid management and pricing skills, understanding of aviation industry and its IT software and good business acumen to be based in Singapore.
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002960671
As we are growing our business in Asia Pacific, Lufthansa Systems is looking for a Bid Manager with main focus on presales and pricing, to be based in Singapore. The ideal candidate should demonstrate high level of energy, independence, proactivity and understanding of aviation industry and its IT software. The Bid Management position will provide high level independent coordination and management of successful bids in cooperation with the Account and Product Management counterparts as a virtual team to ensure successful bid with regards to time and resources.
The Bid Manager will be responsible for the performance of the bidding process. Working for Lufthansa Systems as Bid Manager, you will be given the opportunity to be part of a growing business, working with colleagues from different cultural backgrounds and workplace flexibility.
- Act as a trusted advisor in the presales process by gathering and developing an understanding of sales strategy regarding opportunity pursuits, from initial assignment till contract closure.
- Identify potential differentiators and winning themes, by considering past & present relationship with prospects.
- Create effective and customer-specific proposals.
- Coordinate and develop price and profitability models.
- Steer, compose and proof-read acquisition proposals and contracts content, to ensure quality written response will meet airline requirements in all aspects, may it be business, commercial, technical or legal perspectives.
- Analyse prospective customers' tender documents (RFP/RFI/RFQ) and requests.
- Compile and integrate all deliverable parts from product divisions, central functions and third parties into bid process related documentation in a timely manner to meet customer submission timelines.
- Advise and support that Lufthansa Systems internal bid approval process and guidelines adhered upon.
- Prepare internal and external bid management related presentations.
- Organize and conduct bid related internal meetings, customer meetings, negotiation meetings and other necessary meetings.
- Escalate issues (including resourcing, missed deadlines and quality) to management appropriately.
- Identify methods to improve speed of delivery without compromising quality and quantity.
- Maintain close communication with contacts at various office locations in Asia Pacific and HQ in Germany.
- Perform other duties as directed or as required.
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or IT/Computer Science.
- 3 or more years of working experience in the area of bid management, presales, project management in Information Technology (IT) software environment.
- Knowledge of the aviation and airline industry.
- Familiar with IT technical environment and support processes. Experience in technology field, with software knowledge as a strong advantage.
- Results oriented with a high degree of self-motivation, energy and creativity.
- Ability to lead bid team counterparts and work under time pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work amicably with all levels of management and staff in the workplace, and as part of a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English combined with effective time management, decision making, presentation and organizational skills. Further language skills of Asian language are helpful. German language would be beneficial.
- Ability to quickly acquire a working knowledge and understanding of the company's products and practices, particularly related to the aviation and IT business.
- Experience in project management and the successful practice of problem solving skills.
- Advance user on Microsoft Word and Excel, and adept at use of typical MS Office productivity tools etc appropriate to the work area.
- Willing to travel throughout the Asia Pacific Region and Europe in consideration of a work-life balance approach.
If you have what it takes and would like to work with an exciting and progressive company, please forward your detailed resume with a recent passport sized photograph, including your current and expected salary.
Closing Date: 22 October 2016
Note: Only short listed applicants will be notified.