Backup and Storage Administrator (Woodlands/9am – 6pm/5 days week)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003035211
9am – 6pm
5 days week
- Configure, install, and manage data backups for applications and systems.
- Ensure that restore procedures are configured and tested.
- Carry out regular checks on the status of servers, storage, and tape libraries from a hardware and software standpoint.
- Configure and maintain Windows servers and applications including virtual environments.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, install and perform testing activities on various computer equipment, peripheral, data communication and computer network system.
- Coordinates problem analysis of server software and hardware problems, finding the resolution of server and storage related software problems, administers security and backup procedures for servers; participates in software and hardware evaluation.
- Regular maintenance of servers, backup software, and storage tools through the installation of software upgrades, patches, and hardware upgrades.
- Identifies critical business processes and establish resources required for the successful resumption of business operations in the event of a disaster.
- Identifies points of vulnerability and develops disaster avoidance plans.
- Implement templates for standardizing all technical backup and recovery procedures for all sites.
- Develops appropriate off site data and document repositories to be utilized if information were to be irretrievable at the IT department due to a disaster.
- Reviews and standardizes all recovery plans, including process and procedural standards to address routine, backup, redundancy and recovery architectures.
- Maintain the integrity of critical systems, applications, and data by ensuring compliance to IT security procedures and standards, and by implementing proper controls.
- Upgrades backup infrastructure and improve the backup and recovery performance using latest applicable techniques.
- Performs daily health check and maintains desired level of success rate for the backup jobs.
- Proactively keeps the environment with latest release update and perform root-cause analysis to resolve frequent failures.
- Periodically reviews the backup policies and procedures to ensure right application settings and accurate documentations.
- Reports backup, server, and storage operational status by gathering and prioritizing information.
- Maintains records including problem documentation and actions taken.
- Communicates with various response teams during testing, actual execution of recovery procedures and supports the design, development, installation, implementation and administration of backup solutions.
- Conducts regular reviews with appropriate IT departments.
- Configures alert and monitoring for critical for critical incidents.
- Reports for Capacity planning, backup performance and risk analysis.
- Must be familiar with Veritas NetBackup (including deduplication , database agents, BMR, virtual environment protection), NetBackup Appliances, OpsCenter), Storage Flash Copy/Business copy backup integration
- Familiar with Unix, windows, Storage different backup environment
- Good to have experience in Netapp NAS, IBM/HP/EMC SAN Storage and FC switch maintenance
Interested applicants please submit your resumes via the Apply button below.