AVP, Solution Designer Core Systems Technology, Technology & Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002958171
Employer Ref. 160001S4
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Design and develop applications and/or solutions within core systems technology group to ensure scalability, data consistency, speed of access
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into design and code within the enterprise context
- Ensure application architecture uses best in breed enterprise wide, open source and modern tools & technologies; able to perform proof-of-concept (POC) on new technologies and approaches with the support of Infra, application team and vendor
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle and beyond, driving architecture solutions and design decisions that result in scalable implementations of the systems
- Guide and align development teams within core system technology department on using application frameworks, services and approved architecture design.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience in building software from the ground up and can participate in developing new solutions
- 6+ years of Core Java experience. Outstanding knowledge in Spring Framework.
- 6+ years hands on Java multithreading, Java data structures, distributed architecture in a professional experience
- Should have come from a heavy development background where the ideal candidate would have developed mission critical systems in Java platform
- Good knowledge of Hadoop infrastructure aspects such as high availability, big data clusters, elastic load, capacity, high performance compute etc.
- 3+ years hands on experience with Hadoop ecosystem tools/frameworks such as HDFS, Spark, Map/Reduce, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Yarn, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Impala
- Good understanding of NoSQL databases, distributed computing, PaaS and other modern technologies
- Good understanding of key agile engineering practices, CI/CD, Test Driven Development and DevOps
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to interact professionally with a diverse people such development teams, executives, SMEs etc.
- Detailed oriented person with a big picture thinking
- Customer focused
- Strong understanding of open source frameworks
- Experience in various programming / scripting languages such as JAVA/J2EE, Scala, XML/XSLT, PL/SQL, Shell Scripting
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem tools/frameworks such as HDFS, Spark, Map/Reduce, Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, Yarn, Oozie, Pig, Hive, Impala
- Experience in various app-servers & web-servers is a must (JBOSS/Tomcat)
- Knowledge of Design patterns and OOP
- Software Configuration Management, Quality Control Management, Version Control Management: Jenkins, GitHub, SVN etc.
- Strong understanding of modern technologies such as Java ecosystem, distributed computing, PAAS & IAAS
- Experience in DevOps, CI, CD in agile set ups
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.