AVP/Senior Manager, (Business Unit Finance)
Mediacorp Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003028378
- Head the Finance function and lead the accounting team supporting Sales & Marketing Business Unit (BU) & Revenue Analytics for total MediaCorp
- Be a strategic partner to the BU Head by providing advice and support on financial matters
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget, business plans and financial forecast
- Support the monitoring of expenditure and operating results against budget including control over capital expenditure
- Prepare financial analysis of operations
- Assist in the development of the long term tactical financial plans of the company
- Manage continuous process improvement to enhance work efficiency
- Work with the relevant units in the Group in the development and implementation of systems for business solution in especially in the area of revenue analytics
- Set up & maintain reporting dashboards of BU by products in the area of revenue analytics
- Responsible for the corporate governance and internal controls in the BU
- Highlight risks and opportunities and work with BU’s Head/MD & Finance Head to formulate strategies and plans to meet business target and bridge any gaps
- Work with Group Finance on all matters relating to management and financial reports, budget, finance, tax and corporate governance and ensure compliance with Group policies
- Liaise with Government and regulatory agencies on matters affecting the BU and working with BU Head and other operation staff to ensure compliance
- Degree/professional qualification in Accountancy
- Minimum 10 years’ of financial and management accounting experience, preferably in the media industry
- Possess strong leadership skills
- Excellent relationship management, presentation, negotiation, communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience in project implementation and management
- Good team player and self-motivated
- Able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Excel preferred
About Mediacorp Pte Ltd
Mediacorp is Singapore’s leading media company with the most complete range of platforms, spanning television, radio, newspapers, magazines, movies, digital and out-of-home media.
It pioneered the development of Singapore’s broadcasting industry, with the broadcast of Radio in 1936 and Television in 1963. Today, Mediacorp has over 50 products and brands in four languages (English, Mandarin, Malay and Tamil) to liaise with associate/counterparts, reaching out to all adults in Singapore every week.
Initiatives in the new digital space include Internet TV-on-demand, High Definition TV broadcast and Over-the-Top (OTT) interactive services.
Beyond Singapore, Mediacorp is an active regional player through co-productions in TV dramas and movies, magazines publishing, as well as Channel NewsAsia International, one of the first Asian-owned English news channels.
Our financial and strategic relationship in the region includes International Media Corporation in Vietnam, which was set up to develop and produce television entertainment and economic news content. MediaCorp also has a stake in Singapore-based retail firm Reebonz, one of the region's fastest growing luxury online retailers and a majority stake in Cubinet Interactive, a Malaysian digital games publisher.
Winner of numerous international awards and accolades including Asian Television Awards' Terrestrial Broadcaster of the Year, Mediacorp’s mission is to engage, entertain and enrich audiences by harnessing the power of creativity.