AVP / SA, ,AIX LINUS Solaris Administrator, Tech Services, Technology & Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002984053
Employer Ref. 160001XX
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Collaborate and work with Engineering team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Deliver to the deployment team for execution.
- Establish configuration standard and design guideline for UINX and system software, covering availability, performance, resilience, monitoring, backup and recovery functional areas.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential major impact to problem management and IMS management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery
- Lead and control the delivery of outsourcer technical team of system administrators.
- Ensure the supportability of the OS and system software. Plan and lead upgrade projects.
- Review and approve change requests. Supervise execution for major change
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning
- Automate system operation
- Track and drive patch management for all middleware software. Track, plan and drive software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Manage backup and recovery
- Conduct asset management
- Design and control access plans and matrix for infrastructure services and support personnel. Perform regular access review and validation.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on OS and system software to support various project phases (requirement gathering, design, procurement, implementation and hand-over to operations).
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to help develop less experienced engineers.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- Conduct capacity planning and performance management.
- Lead the AIX and Solaris support team. Back up Linux SME.
- Support Data Centre operation, SNOC and Incident, Problem and Change management
- Singapore and regional
- Minimum 5 years system support experience on AIX and Solaris platform.
- Regional experience is preferred.
- Possess good technical knowledge of AIX and Solaris hardware, operating system and system services (volume manager, file system, NTP, DNS, clustering, SSH, TSM, ITM etc).
- Experience in troubleshoot and performance tuning of UNIX
- Experience in implementing and operating UNIX server clustering
- Information security knowledge.
- Data communication and network knowledge.
- Experience in middleware and application execution in the UNIX environment is an added advantage
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.