Our people matter…
As a leading insurer in Singapore recognized for our strength and dependability, Great Eastern is forging ahead to be the choice financial services provider in the region and beyond. We are seeking highly energized individuals to join our dynamic workforce. In Great Eastern, we believe that our people matter, and we take personal interest in the career development of our people. Exciting opportunities and excellent rewards await you at Great Eastern.
AVP, Group AML/CFT
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003188649
Employer Ref. GRM006/17
Group Risk Management
You will lead the Group AML/CFT section to implement all AML/CFT strategies and controls and be a competent team player to ensure AML/CFT compliance for all GE Entities within the Group.
- Effective execution and management of Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) compliance framework for Singapore and GE Group entities;
- Lead the team in ensuring that all entities across GE Group adopt adequate measures to manage/mitigate the risk of money laundering and terrorist financing, including providing relevant regulatory advisory when needed;
- Oversee and approve AML/CFT policies, standards and guidelines which comply with Singapore AML/CFT laws across GE Group;
- Review and approve Group-wide consolidated money laundering, terrorist financing and sanction risk assessment reporting across GE Group;
- Provide guidance and advisory on compliance monitoring/ oversight on AML/CFT framework throughout GE Group entities;
- Oversee group wide sanction monitoring program and to provide advisory and system support on AML/CFT and sanction matters to all entities;
- Provide training to relevant parties, including directors, senior management and staff on AML/CFT and sanctions;
- Keep abreast of the global and local developments in AML/CFT laws and regulations and prevailing techniques, methods and trends in money laundering and terrorist financing and sanction requirements;
- Oversee and ensure reporting timelines are met to various stakeholders, including but not limited to: Board of Directors, Senior Management and regulators; and
- Carry out ad-hoc tasks/projects as requested by Supervisor and/or Head of Group Compliance.
- Tertiary or professional qualification, preferably with certification in the area of AML/CFT or relevant professional qualification in financial services;
- 5 to 8 years of relevant working experience in the area of AML/CFT, compliance, internal audit or risk management in the financial services industries, preferably from the insurance industry;
- Good knowledge of AML/CFT rules and regulations;
- Team player and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Able to handle difficult situations and adaptability to fast-pace environment;
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving mind;
- Resourceful and information seeker with a concern for order and quality;
- Good interpersonal and report writing skill; and
- Self-starter and proactive.