AVP, Data Scientist, CDSL, Consumer Banking Group
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003153763
Employer Ref. 170000ME
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business – they were made just right for you.
- Engage stakeholders to understand business issues & opportunities, and formulate issues in a manner that can be analysed and modelled
- Research, propose and develop the analytic solution, including lay-out of hypothesis, designing experiments to test and validate and refining the solution in an iterative manner
- Drive analytics activities at all stages of the data analytics life-cycle – sourcing, cleansing and transforming data, conducting exploratory data analysis, developing and validating models and explaining analytics results, implications and proposals in business terms
- Plan and track progress of analytics development activities
- Ensure that statistical methodologies and machine learning techniques applied are suitable for the issue at hand, and assumptions / constraints of the techniques are clearly understood
- Translate analytics findings and insights into actionable business proposals and activities
- Present findings and recommendations to management
- Develop and deploy the solution in data science analytical cluster to support large scale experiment and live test to meet the needs for full scale production. Guide the IT/BA team to implement the solution into production once proved successful.
- Engage, convince and help the business owner to make necessary change in current process to integrate the new solution into the analytic and marketing operation
- Degree in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, decision science, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred.
- Experience in implementing data analytics projects, with a track record of achieveing tangible results and contributing towards business strategy, growth and operational efficiencies. Individuals with sales performance management, product campaign design will have an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience on analytic experience with large amount of data, which lead to actual implementation of the model / solution in operation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly powerpoint and excel and SharePoint Collaboration tools
- Able to keep up with the development of tools, techniques and algorithms related to analytics and machine learning.
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a perceptive team player who can manage multiple senior stakeholders
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
Senior Officer, Credit Collections Officer, Singapore Collection Centre, Group Consumer Credit, Risk Management Group