Associate, Structured Trade Middle Office, Commodity Structured Trade Operations, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology & Operations
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002961022
Employer Ref. 160001U2
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Reporting to the Head of STMO where STMO is part of CSTO supporting IBG front office desk.
- Administer, manage and monitor transactional collaterals for Commodity Structured Trade Finance.
- Responsible for transactional and operational integrity of the credit facility structure especially in areas of settlement risk, operational risk and performance risk.
- Work closely with Relationship Managers (RM), Back office (STO) and Credit Risk Managers (CRM) as well as GTS Sales in order to co-ordinate and leverage on the expertise of each party. STMO account Officers-In-Charge (OIC) interfaces occasionally with Compliance and Legal entities.
- Ensures that all credit policies, NPAs, and SOPs are adhered to and update all transactions in ST Connect (STC) as well as UDMAs.
- To deliver Structured Trade Finance services to clients in accordance with established quality, service standards (SLA) and established procedures, policies, guidelines and standards.
- Participate in UAT for system enhancement and implementation.
- Perform Mark to Market (MTM) valuation, monitor cash collateral requirements follow up on top-ups when under-collateralised.
- Monitor Loan to Value (LTV) ratio to ensure that it is not breached and conduct margin calls whenever necessary.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Work with stakeholders in project developments and change management as and when required by Head of STMO.
- Alert RM and Credit Risk of any potential risks which might endanger the underlying asset or identify the source of repayment in a timely manner.
- Assist to solicit new transactions within approved and available limits through daily contact with the clients and in relationship follow-up and marketing visits whenever possible and required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Structured and Commodity Trade Middle Office or/and Structure Trade & Commodity back office
- Must be attentive to details with good analytical skills and the ability to understand the intrinsic transactional risks.
- Capable to work effectively under pressure and tight deadline with strong organisational skill.
- Good team player, proactive and excellent people skill
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
- In-depth knowledge on trade related international rules, regulations and practices
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
Contract Staff (Senior), Regional Securities & Fiduciary Operations, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology and Operations