Our client operates Singapore’s wholesale electricity market, which is Asia’s first liberalized electricity market. It transacts over $5 billion of electricity products annually.
Associate MCE Specialist (up to $5k / Central)
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002959143
EA License No 02C4944
ResponsibilitiesRequirementsWe regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.Teh Chiao Mei
- Within the Market Operations team that provides 24/7 operational resource and support to the Singapore electricity wholesale market.
- The incumbent will be going through an extensive in-house training program to be capable of and responsible for maintenance and change implementation of the Market Clearing Engine (MCE), the core application of the National Energy Modeling System which discovers the prices and derives the generation schedules based on the principle of security constrained economic dispatch, in accordance with the market rules and market rule changes.
- Provide support to the MCE maintenance and change implementation
- Proactively contribute to the market rule changes and market evolution processes
- Involve in market analysis and simulation tools maintenance and enhancement
- Develop and maintain business process enhancement and synergy
- Perform pricing incident investigation and pricing analysis
- Provide 24x7 operations support including on-call support (rotational basis)
- Degree in Engineering major in Operations Research or Computer Science is preferred
- Sound IT skillset in programming with VB.NET/Java/C# et al and Oracle SQL script
- 1 to 3 years of working experience in operations research particularly in linear programming optimization would be an advantage
- Basic knowledge of electricity and economics
- Meticulous with strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
People Profilers Pte LtdEA License Number: 02C4944
EA Registration Number: R1547935100 Beach Road #33-06
Shaw Tower Singapore 189702Tel: 6594 9890 Fax: 6835 7890