Associate, Cashline Acquisition and Usage Manager, Consumer Banking Group
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003033023
Employer Ref. 160002AD
We deliver a comprehensive suite of innovative banking services and financial solutions to individuals, ranging from the man-in-the-street to the mass affluent. Providing sound wealth management and financial advisory services, we help our customers make informed decisions about their money and are committed to helping them plan and achieve their life goals. Products and services within the Consumer Banking Group include loans, credit cards, investment and unit trusts, insurance and priority banking.
- To conceptualize and execute tactical marketing campaigns, with more emphasize on digital campaigns to acquire Cashline accounts
- Engage existing Cashline account holders to use their Cashline at different stages of the product life cycle
- Work closely with various stakeholders to plan, launch and monitor campaigns in time
- Review and report on performance of the launched campaigns
- Ensure fulfilment are completed in a timely manner
- To constantly refine target group, campaign mechanics and communications to improve conversion rates
- To act as liaison regarding customers inquires for Cashline acquisition and usage matters
- Has experience in driving digital acquisition or usage in a consumer business
- At least 2 years of Banking experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in any major
- Understanding in banking products
- Highly driven, self-motivated, and able to work under-pressure
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Organized and good time management
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.