Associate / Assistant Director, Office of Advancement
Singapore Management University
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003027426
- In working with the Senior Associate Director, design, implement, and manage a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing relationships by directing and coordinating activities related to fundraising goals.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for prospects and leverage diverse corporate/foundations/ philanthropic goals and preferences in conjunction with university goals and in consultation/collaboration with academic leaders and other campus stakeholders.
- Initiate opportunities for faculty, administrators, and deans to interact with prospects and interpret interests to university stakeholders to facilitate funding process.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with donors/prospects, creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive fundraising proposals. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage proposal submissions.
- Working with the stewardship team to maintain high quality stewardship process for active prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 8 years of demonstrated outstanding performance in fundraising office or comparable, complex CRM environment.
- Proven track record in sales or other relation-based business discipline.
- Track record in participating personally in business negotiations. Knowledge of fundraising principles, techniques and ethics preferred.
- Knowledge of corporate networks within Singapore and throughout Asia.
- Candidate must have exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with academic leaders, faculty, donors, civic leaders, and volunteers, and staff at all levels.
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and a good listener
- He/She must be an articulate and persuasive presenter to large and small groups, possess sound judgment and strong professional presence, as well as a collegial work style that promotes teamwork, creativity and open communication. The individual must have the ability to understand and effectively articulate the mission and goals of the Singapore Management University.
- A passion for higher education and the non-profit sector is highly desirable.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Singapore Management University
About Singapore Management University
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.