Associate / Analyst, Model Validator (Retail) , Risk Management Group
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002958732
Employer Ref. 160001CP
Risk Management Group works closely with our business partners to manage the bank’s risk exposure by balancing its objective to maximise returns against an acceptable risk profile. We partner with origination teams to provide financing, investments and hedging opportunities to our customers. To manage risk effectively and run a successful business, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure.
The aim of the model validation team is to (1) limit the Bank’s exposure to model risk by regularly validating all relevant models as mandated; (2) provide in-depth analysis and comments for Senior Management and (3) meet regulatory expectations in this regard.
- Critically assess the development and performance of all retail rating models, including retail segmentation models used for capital computational purposes as mandated within the Bank.
- Contribute towards the assessment of inputs, assumptions and parameter estimates relating to the validation of the credit portfolio risk model, as well as models for stress testing.
- Contribute towards developing strong professional relationship within and across validation teams as well with model developers.
- At least 1 year in relevant field
- Degree holder with quantitative / statistics
- Outstanding quantitative skills (including working knowledge of statistical/ database languages/software such as SAS, Access database, SQL, Excel & VBA)
- Self-motivated and a desire to learn and develop professionally
- Contribute towards team-building and maintaining team morale
- Reasonably good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
More Jobs from this employer
Contract Staff (Senior), Regional Securities & Fiduciary Operations, Institutional Banking Group Operations, Technology and Operations