Our people matter…
As a leading insurer in Singapore recognized for our strength and dependability, Great Eastern is forging ahead to be the choice financial services provider in the region and beyond. We are seeking highly energized individuals to join our dynamic workforce. In Great Eastern, we believe that our people matter, and we take personal interest in the career development of our people. Exciting opportunities and excellent rewards await you at Great Eastern.
Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Special Projects
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002957785
Employer Ref. GPG001/16
You will report to Head, Group Product Governance and Special Projects, and assist in the formulation and execution of special projects for Great Eastern. This typically involves leading / driving cross-departmental collaboration, as well as the pro-active engagement of external parties, e.g. actuarial or investment consultants, to assess and provide recommendations to Group Management Team to address product portfolio mix or product competency related business issues.
- Formulate and drive projects aimed at transforming Great Eastern’s product portfolio mix to enhance returns to policyholders and shareholders;
- Scope includes projects aimed at building technical competencies to enhance the development and / or management of specific product lines; and
- Build the required business case for Group Management Team’s approval, and the subsequent tracking / monitoring of the approved scope being implemented.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Accountancy, or Finance;
- At least 10-15 years of working experience in the Financial or Insurance Industry;
- Strong analytical ability and experience to dissect complex and unstructured problems; and
- Self-started, independent and dynamic achiever with good communication skills.