Assistant Vice President / Senior Associate, Sales Surveillance(Private Banking / Treasures Private Client), Consumer Banking Group
DBS Bank Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003002955814
Employer Ref. 160001RN
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business – they were made just right for you.
- Perform surveillance reviews on the wealth management advisory business.
- Monitor the discretionary portfolio business, and conduct close supervision reviews / other ad hoc special reviews.
- Review, update and implement related policies, procedures and control measures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Lead and implement business and control process improvements within the team and business unit.
- Assess and identify any internal control weakness, and implement the necessary rectification or changes in control procedures.
- Provide advice, guidance and training to Front Office on control related matters.
- Escalate control gaps to internal stakeholders for appropriate action to be taken.
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with internal stakeholders so as to make sustainable progress in the right direction to improve the overall operating environment.
- Prepare reports for management reporting to facilitate relevant reviews and strengthen the control procedures and process.
- Participate in projects and provide inputs / requirements from a control perspective.
- Degree holder with at least 5 years of relevant working experience in the financial industry. Preferably with field experience of risk management, internal audit or compliance.
- Good understanding of relevant MAS rules, regulations, practices and guidelines.
- Ability to be client centric while balancing business needs and controls.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to manage relationships with Front Office and other stakeholders.
- An efficient solutions provider with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
About DBS Bank Ltd
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.