Assistant Vice President, Information Technology (Disaster Recovery & Data Center Operations)
CIMB Bank Berhad
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003033053
To develop Disaster Recovery exercise plan for the year and coordinate with all stakeholders to ensure readiness of DR site at all time. He/she is also required to conduct the various bank wide DR, component DR and HA tests throughout the year. The role also include to oversee a group of operators managing the Data Centre, a 24 x 7 operation, to ensure the proper planning, measuring and monitoring of ongoing operations and technology changes, collaboration with technical colleagues from all areas of IT as well as Facilities staff and vendors, and the continual mentoring and development of staffs. Responsible for the assessment of current processes and the development of recommendations and metrics to enhance Data Centre operations. Handles batch jobs, server/system monitoring and escalate system alerts and handle backup tapes. Actively involved in disaster recovery planning, drills and the annual offsite exercise to minimize Data Centre exposure.
- To plan for IT DR and BCP strategy
- To act as Single Point of Contact between BCM, Business users and IT during the real event of disaster.
- Plan the annual Data Centre budget
- Plan the annual Data Centre outsourcing review to comply with MAS guideline
- Assume ownership and management of the overall bank application DR
- Assume leadership role in developing, coordinating and maintaining comprehensive data center recovery plans and testing program to ensure the ability to recover in the event of an unforeseen disruption to facilities, technology systems or applications.
- Review effectiveness of current DR and BCP strategy, and provide improvements plan.
- Assume responsibility of all application recovery plan and work with all the application team to review and update their recovery plan annually.
- Perform bank-wide DR exercise annually
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct DR and HA test
- Continuous improvement and change management, business continuity and compliance and management of Data Centre staffs and operations.
- Prepare Data Centre outsourcing document for approval
- Provide reports to management
- 3 - 5 years working experience in applications support and project management.
- 3 - 5 years working experience in supporting DR simulation or actual DR exercise
- Experience in communication to varies parties, including internal IT, internal business and operations users, management team and vendors.
- Strong knowledge in Bank applications, and good understanding of inter-dependencies between applications
- Strong knowledge in disaster recovery process
- Familiar with Data Center operations
- Encourage and motivate a group of operators.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to CIMB Bank Berhad
About CIMB Bank Berhad
Realise your full potential at CIMB Bank
CIMB Group is a leading ASEAN universal bank, the largest Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) based investment bank and one of the world's largest Islamic banks. As the fifth largest banking group in ASEAN, we have over 40,000 employees located in 18 locations across ASEAN, Asia Pacific and beyond. At CIMB, we believe that our people are our greatest assets in realising our vision of becoming Southeast Asia’s most valued universal bank. We offer an environment that is inspiring, creative, challenging and above all, one where our people can realise their full potential.