Singapore Academy of Law
The Singapore Academy of Law (“the Academy”) is a promotion and development agency for Singapore’s legal industry, with the vision of making Singapore the legal hub of Asia.
The Academy aims to drive legal excellence through developing thought leadership, world class infrastructure and legal solutions. Its work focusses on building up the intellectual capital of the legal profession by enhancing legal knowledge, raising the international profile of Singapore law, promoting Singapore as a centre for dispute resolution and improving the efficiency of legal practice through continuing professional development and the use of technology.
More information can be found at www.sal.org.sg.
ASSISTANT MANAGER, RECORDS MANAGEMENT
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003002988378
- To develop and manage SAL-wide records management program designed to ensure that records practices are effectively meeting the organisation’s records management needs
- To establish procedures and direct the implementation of the records management programme
- To cooperate with management to define and monitor functional recordkeeping requirement
- To establish systems and processes to enable those requirements to be met
- To monitor compliance with legislative and other recordkeeping requirements
- To develop recordkeeping and records management standards and rules, including those for electronic recordkeeping
- To provide technical support and coordination of personnel resources necessary for the successful operation of the program
- To be responsible for addressing and resolving problems within the records management areas
- To provide expertise and guidance to users in cost controls associated with records storage and retrieval
- To provide advice on systems and procedures to meet special business unit records and document management need
- To establish procedures for the evaluation, implementation and review of manual and automated records system
- To work closely with IT Department and/or IT Vendor in making the best use of technology to promote effective records management and recordkeeping in SAL and also in managing electronic records
- To design and implement effective strategies for storage of active records (electronic and paper)
- To maintain an offsite storage program for inactive records
- To provide periodic report to Administration Office with records management operations
(B) Office Management for the main office at Supreme Court
- To provide good customer service to internal and external parties and resolve customer complaints or problems professionally
- To manage and oversee operations, maintenance, administration, and improvement of the main office at Supreme Court
- To liaise with Supreme Court Facilities and/or SAL Admin Department to plan, schedule, and coordinate general maintenance, major repairs, and if required remodeling
- To inspect the facilities and equipment routinely to determine necessity of repairs or maintenance.
- At least a diploma in business or Information Technology with at least 5 years of relevant experience in records management experience
- Experience in implementing and maintaining a computer-based records system is highly desirable
- Proficient in office automation tools like MS Word and advanced MS Excel abilities
- Highly organized and dependable, working with minimum supervision
- Service-orientated with good decision making, communication (written and oral), organisational and interpersonal skills even under pressure and tight deadlines
- Able to prioritize workload, delegate, supervise and coach SAL members
This is a consultancy position with the possibility to be converted to permanent position.
Interested candidates are invited to submit your resume, stating your current / expected salary and date of availability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.