Assistant Manager/Manager, Tender Management
Schenker (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
jobsDB ref: JSG400003003185991
As a Tender Manager, this position is responsible for leading and managing transport tender response process. Responsibilities include business requirement gathering, provide compelling business solution and pricing proposal, working with in-country organizations and customer stakeholders. The key success of this role is to coordinate with cross functional teams to deliver professionally developed tenders which meet customers’ requirements and place DB Schenker in a strong position to win business.
Tender Response Management Responsible for leading the complete end to end tender process from initial customer engagement to final proposal submission.
- Ensure clarity of customer business requirements by engaging Sales and Business Development Account Owner. If required, establish direct contact with customers to clarify and obtain information required to complete tender response.
- Liaise with regional and country cross functional teams such as IT, solution design, operations, and project team based on tender requirements.
- Ensure tender strategy plan and timelines are communicated and understood by all stakeholders and milestones are achieved.
- Contribute to the final solution design in order to fulfill customers’ requirements.
- Ensure cost model is derived using appropriate business assumptions.
- Assist sales lead in developing transport presentation materials in support of tender.
- Participate in handover of successful tender to implementation project team.
- Conduct analysis of unsuccessful tenders and propose improvement plan to increase the win rate.
- Developing and managing tender pipeline and reports.
Knowledge and Content Management
Responsible to develop and maintain a depository of relevant content to streamline and support future tenders.
- Management of tender materials to ensure efficiency and accuracy in responses.
- Provide guidance and support to country solution and tender management teams
- Develop and implement tools/methods for efficient tender responses and pricing calculations.
- Develop and maintain tender management database library
- Experience in managing regional tenders in a Land Transportation/ Supply Chain environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) in a multi-cultural environment.
- Possess a sound knowledge of warehousing, cross docking and multi-modal transportation.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and to build strong rapport and credibility both internally and externally.
- Good organisation and leadership skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a customer driven deadline environment; in a cross-functional, matrix and virtual environment.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude to overcome problems quickly and effectively and able to work without supervision.
- Fluent in English and other Asian language is beneficial.
- Travelling may be required.
- IT and Other Skills :
- Strong supply chain modelling skills (is a plus)
- Cost modelling skills
- Knowledge of TMS
- System and process mapping skills
Experience and Qualifications
- Diploma or degree in Logistics or Business Management is preferred.
- Over 5 years logistics / supply chain management experience (with at least 3 years local/ regional tender management experience).
- Excellent with numbers and an eye for detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation operations and solutions
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Schenker (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
About Schenker (Asia Pacific) Pte Ltd
DB Schenker is one of the leading globally integrated logistics service providers and has a leading goods transport rail network at its disposal. DB Schenker stands apart with its dense network of locations in the world’s most important economic regions, in air and ocean transport, in European land transport, in contract logistics as well as in supply chain management. With this very special combination, we can provide quick and efficient solutions for the most varying of client requirements both with regard to trade and industry.
More Jobs from this employer