You will enjoy the prestige and pride of working alongside bright, diverse and dedicated people who constantly strive to push boundaries. Being part of NUS is more than just a career – it could be a life-changing experience. With a broad range of departments, faculties, schools, research institutes and centres, initiatives, projects and schemes, you will enjoy abundant opportunities for intellectual, personal and professional growth. No matter what you do, it is an amazing place to be.
Assistant Manager/Manager, Finance & Compliance
jobsDB Ref. JSG400003003149953
Employer Ref. 0058T
- Together with the other team members, ensure a consistent financial reporting framework across the School.
- Responsible for the AP/AR functions. Ensure appropriate authorisation and despatch of payments.
- Assist with collation and analysis of annual School's budget for approval by Deanery.
- Improve financial processes and controls to progress the overall financial reporting environment and ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Preparation of accurate and timely financial information and monitoring of monthly results and reports, including comparison against budget and prior months, and ensure that the units understand the financial outturn.
- Assist the Director in periodical financial and performance reviews of finance operations, incentives, including identifying cost savings and service enhancements.
- Provide training to users in the School to ensure that staff members understand the University Financial Regulations and why they should adhere to them.
- Assist with the processing of purchase orders, expense claims, and recharging of internal accounts.
- Assist with audit review and ensure that adequate supporting documentation is available for review.
- Work with all members of the Finance, Compliance, Ops units to deliver the unit's objectives.
- Positive contribution to the finance team through the delivery of timely and reliable services and willingness to co-operate with and support team members
- Reporting and accounting to meet legal requirements including withholding accounts
- Work in a collegiate way with the central shared service functions and their staff.
- Accounting Degree/ACCA
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience in implementing Business Intelligence and budgeting tools
- Ability to identify issues independently and initiate improvements to processes or procedures
- Know how to apply technology in pursuit of the aims of the role
- Significant experience and demonstrated achievements in accounting and/or audit management
- Experience in the use of a complex computerised accounting or enterprise information systems
- Experience in the preparation and review of budgets
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Undertake other duties as directed that meet relevant standards and recognised practice